BMX-style, cardio loop ?

one piece crank

A few miles from my house there is a loamy washout area from previous years' floods (Delaware River). It is not that special in itself, but when I only have an hour to ride, I have a little loop that hits all the basics – including a few laps on this dirt track. There are actaully two track areas separated by a feeder stream, that could be easily connected with a log ride/water hazard.

It has a lot of potential – small/tight low-banked turns, 20-foot drop-in (~60deg angle), a section of pressure treated dock, a 4-foot-diameter (!) downed sycamore for a log ride and other log-crossing options. After traveling for two weeks, I’m bummed to discover that apparently few people ride this trail. I don’t think I can keep it from getting overgrown by myself (I certainly cannot move that sycamore!), so I’m asking for help.

If you’re in easy reach of the Frenchtown area, let me know and we can put a group session on the calendar to burn this track in. The area is generally flat, with a fun XC trail along the river, only local climbs are on the road, but there are some good ones…

Tom P.

Last edited:

one piece crank

I didn't know what to call it, I guess "roll-in" would be more accurate. But if you hop the lip you get a little free fall before the transition. It's fun...

Tom P.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I didn't know what to call it, I guess "roll-in" would be more accurate. But if you hop the lip you get a little free fall before the transition. It's fun...

Tom P.

oh ok, a drop in like that :), i was gonna say, a 20' drop in is rough for a casual loop

Top Bottom