BMX Discussion

Mountain Bike Mike

Any neighborhood street with a curb, a piece of plywood and a cinderblock

Look for local spots around your house.. could spends hours playing around in the simplest things

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Look for local spots around your house.. could spends hours playing around in the simplest things

Yah, totally agree. He’ll jump anything on his XC bike so it will be interesting to see what the change in geometry does.

Personally I want to get into some flowwwwwwwwwwwwww

Reactions: don

walter

Fourth Party

There are nights that after the family goes to bed i suit up and go blasting around town for an hour or 2. Cops look at me like I'm stupid or something, but whatevs. Im actually gonna bumo up to a 30t front so I dont spin my legs off.

Ian F

Only legit ones in nj I know of, up around Hamburg off 94 by a YMCA but there not beginner or even intermediate friendly

I believe what he's hinting at are there are plenty of dirt jumps around, but are intentionally not easy to find or well known. I used to know of a couple in Lower Bucks PA, but I don't know if they are still active.

I've taken my BMX bike to Ray's in Cleveland a couple of times. In some ways it's more fun than my Tazer DS bike.

Mountain Bike Mike

I believe what he's hinting at are there are plenty of dirt jumps around, but are intentionally not easy to find or well known. I used to know of a couple in Lower Bucks PA, but I don't know if they are still active.

I've taken my BMX bike to Ray's in Cleveland a couple of times. In some ways it's more fun than my Tazer DS bike.

Penn Ryn?

Ian F

Penn Ryn?

I'm not familiar with any of the trail names. One was in Levittown a bit east of Levittown Lake, but looking at Googlemaps, it looks like they were plowed and not rebuilt. They were in a rather visible location, so not surprising. It looks like there is something on the other side of Rt 13 in an open area south of the Village of Pennbrook apartments.

The other spot was in Yardley off Schuyler Dr. in the woods south of some tennis courts. These were harder to see from the road and hidden by the woods, so they might still be there.

grilledcheeseking

I'm not familiar with any of the trail names. One was in Levittown a bit east of Levittown Lake, but looking at Googlemaps, it looks like they were plowed and not rebuilt. They were in a rather visible location, so not surprising. It looks like there is something on the other side of Rt 13 in an open area south of the Village of Pennbrook apartments.

The other spot was in Yardley off Schuyler Dr. in the woods south of some tennis courts. These were harder to see from the road and hidden by the woods, so they might still be there.
Know about the skatepark in levittown, off wheatsheaf Rd. Had no idea about either of these other spots.

There are some jumps over by core creek too.

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bloomfield has the Joe Tiseo skate park that is bike friendly. I think it was built by Adam Hauck.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

The ones in Yardley are dead, I live 200 yards from them, maybe someday...

walter

Fourth Party
Since this is the current bmx thread, I'll rant here. While I love my Sunday, I'm kinda bummed that its already getting some rust. I store it indoors and dont really ride it in crappy conditions.
Damn you , raw matte steel!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Since this is the current bmx thread, I'll rant here. While I love my Sunday, I'm kinda bummed that its already getting some rust. I store it indoors and don't really ride it in crappy conditions.
Damn you , raw matte steel!
That's not rust, that's patina.

I see fully-sponsored pro's bikes that have rusty parts on them. The bmx dudes seem to look at their bikes more as appliances than art objects/fetish items/etc.

nigelnyc

New member here! I race BMX and I am also looking for trails to hit in the springtime. I have heard from the track that there are some trails around PNC Arts center but not quite sure of the location. For those here that might be interested in hitting the track Flemington New Jersey races Saturday mornings and is very mountain bike friendly. A former MTB'er is heavily involved https://www.pinkbike.com/news/east-coast-legend-lars-tribus-deity-video-2016.html. I am preferably looking for spots in Northern NJ so if anyone knows of any send me a PM!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
That's not rust, that's patina.

I see fully-sponsored pro's bikes that have rusty parts on them. The bmx dudes seem to look at their bikes more as appliances than art objects/fetish items/etc.
Considering the trend for awhile was spray bombing the entire bike, every part, including tires.

I Ride Bikes

Dirt jumps being a thing of the past. Quite a few in NJ and PA are still as alive and well as they were 20 years ago.
I grew up in a town with 2 pretty big spots. They were dozed years ago. Since then the woods are a ghost town. Dirt is definitely dying. The majority of kids today are way too lazy to put in the effort and they have no clue what no dig no ride means. That along with township officials closing spots down as soon as they pop up. Not to say there aren't plenty of trails still going good but you can see them getting picked off. I'll continue sweating my ass off and stacking dirt in the woods.

Top Bottom