Bluff Point State Park, CT

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
decided to spend some time up here with some friends and brought the bike with me. i checked the local boards up here and they all seemed to point to this place. the riding here is a lot of fun. its not a terribly big place but there is a ton of single track weaving back and forth through it. its located on a point and is surrounded by water so it kind of has a hartshorne kinda feel. the riding here is what i would compare to hartshorne. short punchy climbs, but a bit more technical because theres plenty of roots and rocks to play with. wheres its not rocky and rooty the single track it super fast and smooth. i wouldnt say the place would be worth driving to for a day trip but if you are passing through CT on 95 and want to do a fun ride its right off the highway.
Bluff-Point-State-Park-map.mediumthumb.pdf.png

heres a couple of pics i snapped with my phone.

this was a really cool ridge at the top of one of the climbs. kinda hard to see becasue of the leaves but its all one huge rock that goes all the way into the distance and at the end some really fast single track started
1014091345.jpg

this is a picture from the top of the bluff at the end of the park. the climb to the top was fun to do on the bike. and obviously a nice payoff when you get there
1020091415.jpg

Top Bottom