Blue Mtn Sat 9/23

S

Stan LeCupp

Anyone up for Blue Mtn on Sat? Meet at 10:00am on Montrose Station Rd parking lot.Probably ride about 12 to 15 miles. Average fun paced ride.It should be dry Saturday if weather changes stay posted.Ride CANCELLED

Directions:

Garden State Parkway to the end.
Get on 87 South.
Get on Palisades North. Take this to the end.
Watch close for left hand exits by 18, make sure you stay on the Palisades.
At the end of the Palisades cross the Bear Mountain Bridge.
After the bridge make a right and continue along side of the mountain with the Hudson River on your right.
At the bottom follow signs for Route 9 South.
Take this to Welcher Avenue exit.
Make a left at the bottom of the ramp and make a right Washington St. Park around a mile on your left in dirt lot.

Ride CANCELLED

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stan LeCupp

heythorp said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sorry can not make this, I am in a wedding this weekend. I really wanted to hit this place this year too..
too bad you can't make it.I'll go up there again this year if you can make it next time.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stan LeCupp said:
too bad you can't make it.I'll go up there again this year if you can make it next time.

I'd love to join as well, can't do this weekend. If you go after October 15th or so, I'll do my best to make it.

cem

1fg

I won't have my swishy bike by then, but that place is so much fun I'm thinking about rollin the SS.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
no can do, will be preparing for race at hidden valley on sunday. i really need to get up there. since you guys recommended it i've had at least five other people recommend the place to me....

S

Stan LeCupp

Cem- you should bring your ss.You did great at mooch and blue is much less hilly I think.

Anrothar/Norm- hopefully everyone who couldn't make this one can join the next.Plenty of fun to be had here.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DANSPANK

I wouldn't mind coming along - will confrm tomorrow. What's the jurney time to this place from, say, Giants Stadium?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Not me..

Love to come check it out but I have a bike shop to run.

Let me know if you do it again on a Sunday.

Thanks

J

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
out.
i'm going to see thomas the train somewhere in pennsyltucky. yippie.

NJ Jess

Oh Thomas!

bonefishjake said:
out.
i'm going to see thomas the train somewhere in pennsyltucky. yippie.

My nephew loves that place! Put I must add, you are really missing something if you have never ridden Blue. The trails are way fun, a lot like Ringwood. I just pre rode the race course and had a blast! A lot more techy sections. PS, The riding lines you see are not always the best line to take. Who said, "you should bring your ss.You did great at mooch and blue is much less hilly I think."?.........Has not ridden Ned's Left Lung! beware! Enjoy blue's Greatness! jess

S

Stan LeCupp

Ride CANCELLED

with the rain probably won't be much fun riding blue.So maybe another weekend.Sorry

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stan LeCupp said:
Ride CANCELLED

with the rain probably won't be much fun riding blue.So maybe another weekend.Sorry

...and in related news, the thomas the train trip has also been cancelled. sorry to anyone that was planning. maybe another weekend. :D

cem

I haven't look at the weather since wednesday, thought it was quite gray this morning, oh well. I'm some what relieved, I usally don't mind wet conditions, but I had no idea how a slippy SS ride would of went.

Hopefully I'll have my gears o plenty bike up and running for the next trip.

Top Bottom