Blue Mtn Ride!

stoked

It was my first time at Blue and I don't know why I didn't go there earlier. I am still licking my wounds from todays crash:D . Let me know if you guys are heading that way or having another group ride because riding crew was great.

Daniel , did you get lost going back home. I saw you enter Palisades from a different ramp.

S

Stan LeCupp

I'm surprised the GPS said we gained 2000ft for 11 miles of riding. Didn't feel like we climbed too much. Don't seem right to me? Must have been having too much fun to notice.

ytc100

Stan LeCupp said:
I'm surprised the GPS said we gained 2000ft for 11 miles of riding. Didn't feel like we climbed too much. Don't seem right to me? Must have been having too much fun to notice.

I thought that was very interesting also. If you look at the profile it's a lot of short ups & downs.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think barometric altimeters tend to overestimate sometimes, especially smaller hills.

D

DANSPANK

Hey Stoked - I didn't get lost but the bike seemed to flapping in the wind a bit so I pulled off, tightened her up and jumped back on Palisades again.

As for the climbing, when I ride Lewis Morris I typically get a reading of about 1600ft and it takes about 1:20hrs. We were out for just shy of 2 hours and my legs felt much more used than the last Lewis Morris loop so I'd say 2000ft wasn't too far off the mark...

I'd go again in a heartbeat - I only limped a little on Monday and Tuesaday!

Top Bottom