Blue Mtn Bogner Death Loop 11/3 or 4

D

DANSPANK

I was just there on Saturday. Just under 20 miles before my rear tyre blew out for the last time. We rode along the top of that huge rock in the first movie - it's pretty steep when you look from the top!

There's a load of those roly-poly-type rocks to play on. Blue Mountain is a great place!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
11/4

If it is 11/4 I might be in for this!!
Any idea about the start time?
For me earlier is better so I keep things cool back home :cool:
I guess I can always bail out and head back to the car if I need to.

P

Phatbiker

hey jamie.. i just saw this today.. yes, i remember. i'll be tagging along. thanks for posting.

nelson

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
It's on. Right now Saturday looks to be the better day, but plenty could change between now and next week. Forecast isn't bad for next week...

I've resumed training for this ride so that I don't embarrass myself.

xc62701

So are we going with whatever day works for more people or the better weather day? I'm up for either but hoping its saturday. That would work into the schedule better.

gdm1

Should be re-named the "Blue Ball Epic"... get the picture.

Those trails are a-w-e-s-o-m-e...

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
Weather forecast still says rain on Sunday, so Saturday is looking more and more likely. Should get an early start (wheels down 8 am) so we're not out there too late into the afternoon.

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
things changed and it looks like I am in for Saturday instead...I'll probably be there at 7 since I want to get back home at a decent time...so I'll can meet you guys around 8.

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
It's set for Saturday at 8 am in the back lot at Blue Mountain. The back lot is the one past the trail lodge... at the entrance, turn left and follow the road around past the lodge to the back lot.

We've got at least 5 NYCMTB'ers coming and probably a few more, plus whoever shows from MTBNJ. I'll print out some of the new maps with the route marking for everyone and leave em on my car in case anyone wants to do it at their own pace or show up later.

No complaints about the early start- it's an hour drive for us from NYC. You'll get an extra hour of sleep on Sunday night to make up for the early start Saturday... ;)

J

jimg

sat

I'm in
looking forward to it
what's the pace?
take it easy on me

Top Bottom