Blue Mtn @ 4 10/2 - Today

xc62701

If anyone is interested I'll be doing a ride today at Blue on the Chainstretcher course. I'm going to do a lap of the course and then do a run through on monster to see the new reroute. I'm not worried about going race pace but few stops to get a feel for it. If anyone is interested meet up at the lot closer to the trail entrance(bear left when entering). I'll be there by 4 with wheels down by 4:15. Let me know if you're interested, if not I'll be burning up the trails solo.

maddawg

you do know that some of us have jobs that we actually have to be at till later in the day!!!

argh!!!!

xc62701

Blue Mtn totally sucked...NOT!!! Well it was raining slightly when I got there but that wasn't going to stop me. I started gearing up and saw Tom S. from Campmor there so I rode with his crew for a lap which was great. Lots of fun switching leads and playing around. Those trails actually needed the rain as it settled in nicely. We got back to the parking lot and I see the Pearson crew there getting ready to go in with lights. It was about 6:30 by that point and I knew I couldn't do any more without lights. How convenient...I just had some in my trunk. Slapped the lights on and went out with them for a warp speed lap. It was great fun and during this lap it actually started to get dusty again. It was good to do 2 laps but 3 is going to be tough this weekend. I'm preparing for 3 - 3.5 hours in the saddle. It's gonna be a long one. It was great meeting up with everyone and riding with both groups. Any ride at Blue is amazing!!!

xc62701

The trails were great. The climbing is deceptive since there's only 1 extended climb. The rest is a bunch of flowy stuff that rolls and slowly gains elevation. The trails are rocky and technical but extremely fun. There's bound to be a lot of bottlenecks on the tricky stuff but if you've got some handling skills it should be ok. It's going to be a test of how smooth you can ride it. That's where you'll gain the time. Guaranteed to be fun and as someone clocked earlier about 8.2 miles for the lap.

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is the Chainstretcher course marked?

I'd like to ride there later today but I am by myself and not that familiar with Blue. I have the map, but I'd feel much better if the trails were marked.

xc62701

I'd like to ride there later today but I am by myself and not that familiar with Blue. I have the map, but I'd feel much better if the trails were marked.

It's not marked as of yet but I think the other post just said it'll be marked by tonight so sat prerides will know the full course. Just print out one of the maps from this site and go find it :) It's not bad since a lot of the leaves are down and the course is getting ridden in.

lushizzle

I was planning to be there between 2 - 3pm today. I'll be more than happy to join you.

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That would be great! Where and when do you want to meet? What car/bike will you have? I have a red Land Rover and ride a blue SC Juliana:)

Engignar

I am also going to be there today to preride (posted in a different thread)...going to be there ~ 1:30 ish. I have a grey GTI and a grey Iron horse, I may be there too early though. I'll prob get lost so we may see one another anyway.

Top Bottom