Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
let go of the ancient languages....

original.gif

Patrick

Staff member
All I read was learn Assembly

i still have my IBM 360/370 card. Use it as a placemark in my structured cobol book.
Luckily everything was a direct port to AS/400. Still running, which is the problem.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
i still have my IBM 360/370 card. Use it as a placemark in my structured cobol book.
Luckily everything was a direct port to AS/400. Still running, which is the problem.

I'm a far way from it but once I land in a developer lane I want to learn an old fart language like that. I feel like it would be a real benefit.

Patrick

Staff member
might be nice to know what is going on under there - but not critical.
With massive amounts of memory, disk space, and through-put inside the computer,
most apps are network bound. Work a bit higher up to understand concurrency, IPC,
distributed environments, AWS, Azure, GCP - then become a user of the ML, AI layers
(you don't need a degree in machine learning to use it) - it is growing, and nobody
understands it outside the most techie groups. They need to bring it to solve problems.
Or help the machines rise up against us.

Like this skill:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This fucking guy

My opinion is probably somewhat biased. I don't really do much Go programming as I'm more of an infrastructure engineer, but I work for a company that develops a very popular open source project, which is written in Go. We provide an online cloud platform, and basically every open source project in the entire sphere of what we do is all written in Go. It's a compiled language that is fast like C++, but it also provides memory management and garbage collection like Java. It was created with multi core processors at the forefront, not as an afterthought, and concurrency is super easy. It basically strips away most of the hard/confusing/sub-optimal parts of C++ and is a very fast and elegant programming language that is easy to learn. Google created it because they wanted something better, and then they rewrote their internal cluster management project in Go, named it Kubernetes, and unleashed it on the world. Then the CNCF was created, and basically all CNCF projects are written in Go. It's only going to become more popular.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I've been off here and bikes for a good minute. catching up on whats going on in my world

I finished sheetrocking and I'm 90% ready for paint, got new carpeting and its protected from spackle dust and paint.

PXL_20210304_182032079.jpg

I've found a way to sneak out and ride

PXL_20210227_220856822.jpg

and we brought this bugger home which has f'd me in the home projects apartment as he is early

PXL_20210310_011156135.PORTRAIT_2.jpg

I don't have social media so if this is to personal for you I'm sorry, just wanted to share why I've been absent for those who care.

Now that I can see my grass I hope I can get back on my bike soon but I think I'm going to be subjected to breakfast club rides at mooch, wildcat and mahlon.

I still need to get my fucking water bottle from ringwood :|

Top Bottom