Blackburn System X8 LED Lights review?

THATmanMANNY

I am looking for some lights so I can night ride in the fall/winter and not miss a beat. YEAAAA BOOOOYYYY.

Has anyone used these lights or seen them in action?

Please post how they perform.

It seems to me there is a great deal on them now for 50% off at $130.

http://www.jensonusa.com/search/?s=blackburn+x8

OR is there something better for same price range?

Thanks a bunches of oats.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
check on the MTBR product reviews. i almost bit at a closeout blackburn sale before reading some bad reviews over there. it could be a great deal, but there could also be a reason why it's on such a sale.

THATmanMANNY

hmm no reviews for the X8 yet but reviews for the older X6 are there.... maybe they fixed the battery problem on the X8s... maybe they didn't... :hmmm:

Any other lights you would recommend?

It would be sweet to have two lights like this Blackburn X8. That's what interested me. One for the bar and one for the helmet...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
check the Have Lights list on here. I'm sure you'll get lots of recommendations for the trinewt. seems you get what you pay for.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Get Niterider lights. They have been flawless for me and their customer service is top notch. HID is the only way to go if you are going to buy lights. Lights are an item that entry level will not cut it. You have to swing for the fence with the first purchase.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
.. HID is the only way to go if you are going to buy lights. Lights are an item that entry level will not cut it. .

Belive it or not HOD is dobe with.

This year both Niterider and Light & Motion have pulled the plug on their HID lights.

It seems that LED's have got so much better in the last few years that HID is no longer worth the trouble.

Wobbegong

This year both Niterider and Light & Motion have pulled the plug on their HID lights.

It seems that LED's have got so much better in the last few years that HID is no longer worth the trouble.

Wow, I didnt hear that. Do you know if they have any new LED models planned for release?

J-Dro

LED's have been on the same trajectory for the past few years that guides computer chips... They double in intensity roughly every 2 years for the same amount of wattage consumed. And the latest greatest LED costs about $10 each and is basically indestructible if packaged properly, while an HID bulb is fragile and costs over $100 to replace if damaged. This is a no-brainer in 2008.

icon14.gif
GHETTO RULES!
icon14.gif

N

nx52cc

j i hope that doesent mean that i wont b able to get replacement parts for my lite just in case something burns out if you read this rember i got the hid light in m kit with by the way i dont cair what leds come up with this light will allways b better then led and allways puts on a show when warming up :D

N

nx52cc

ps.... the best $ i ever spent well worth the $ .. and i owe it to jdog ...hes the man :getsome:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
j i hope that doesent mean that i wont b able to get replacement parts for my lite just in case something burns out if you read this rember i got the hid light in m kit with by the way i dont cair what leds come up with this light will allways b better then led and allways puts on a show when warming up :D

wow, dude, I thought I was a bad typist (is this even a word, it passed spell check:hmmm:)

Walter, get out the red pen!:D

btw, LEDs are far better that HIDs!

N

nx52cc

we nead to have a hid ...led shoot out tested by us set up a good nite ride and :getsome: btw my $ is on hid :D

Top Bottom