BIYF Winter 2020-2021: Go Zwift or Go Home!!!!

Robin

2/22. - 2.5 points

Making the most of my last virtual Mondays + dark bonus

GarminConnect_20210222-062648.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
2/22
2:27 plus dark = 3.5
It’s Back
The people on foot did a solid and packed down a ribbon again. The fat bikers can lay claim to a few sections of trail but it was mostly the foot track that really worked it in. Just don’t go off the trail, even an inch because it is dead stop material. Looped around alittle more than normal to make the most of it.
8E225FD5-A768-4170-81A1-C63935F9D91C.jpeg

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
2/21/21 - has a nice cadence to it.

1:15 fattin' around SMP

1 Point

Stellar conditions. bike was hooking up on the climbs and the turns.
kinda cheating because everything was paved. there is 8" of packed on the bridges.
go get it.

*no body or bike parts were harmed on this ride.

View attachment 152293
As much as it pains me to award bonus points to someone riding a bike frame called Framed, with a tri-spoke wheel, Pat gets the ride of the week bonus, solely because this is the one ride during BYIF that he didn't break something.

thegock

2/22/21

1:58----2

DEAD DEER

Snow conditions were much faster this morning than yesterday. Ripped through the three stream crossings south of the lake at showing off speed. On the third one, about a foot wide of ice ledge on the far shore deteriorated overnight, and my front wheel followed its collapse about a foot down, before the OTB onto hardpack that snapped off my left bullhorn. My head still feels buzzy.

I was luckier than this yearling, who may have starved to death in the deep snow and was harvested by coyotes:

DEAD DEER PXL_20210222_122500419-01.jpg

Last edited:

iman29

2/22/2021
Zwift 1:01 = .5

Just crazy how this morning it looked great for a ride outdoors, and within 30 minutes it was pummeling snow. Then I was like hell yeah I can get outside and get snow points and slow roll around the streets since no cars. But then a work meeting meant I had to get back sooner so I cranked out some Zwift intervals again.

Quick shower and grabbed a sandwich and login just before the meeting starts, and the meeting gets rescheduled at the last possible minute. grrr.

Guess round 2 of my exercise will be more shoveling after all my meetings.

1614021651920.png

pygmypony

2/22

4 pts, 3 hrs + 1 snow/rain bonus

did another couple of laps of tingley woods...ran into some of the local crew there which was great...then headed over to Edith Stevens to ride what my wife and I had skied/snowshoed yday. pretty happy with that result, and bummed we didn't take the time to do that three weeks ago! another 3+ miles of "groomed" trails, just in time for the great thaw...alas...

Edith Stevens Woods, Petti Lane entrance...
%if%hXfrQgK2K6rud5VA9Q.jpg

Gore tex getting pushed to its outer limits
dfbH3GuETz6izLF+BAf8bg.jpg

the tingley woods trails were so solid this am...it was like riding on the garden state parkway, without the traffic...super smooth!
bj2FyspHQVyJrsIVnpo5uw.jpg

mrs pygmypony at the Edith Stevens Hayduk Rd entrance after our trail grooming session!
iPm9XTJuTC6XL2VxYiCpLw.jpg

me and mrs pygmypony enjoying the local woods...making use of the sweet JORBA neck gaiter thingy i got as part of the NJ mtb festival, COVID edition
ht1zoF9LQvCEkVpFC3iKNg.jpg

me fumbling through a downhill section...on the new skis
vzCkR4hnSwWwTYMLbwMMbw.jpg

serviceguy

Mtbdog

2/22

4 pts, 3 hrs + 1 snow/rain bonus

did another couple of laps of tingley woods...ran into some of the local crew there which was great...then headed over to Edith Stevens to ride what my wife and I had skied/snowshoed yday. pretty happy with that result, and bummed we didn't take the time to do that three weeks ago! another 3+ miles of "groomed" trails, just in time for the great thaw...alas...

Edith Stevens Woods, Petti Lane entrance...
View attachment 152333

Gore tex getting pushed to its outer limits
View attachment 152334

the tingley woods trails were so solid this am...it was like riding on the garden state parkway, without the traffic...super smooth!
View attachment 152335

mrs pygmypony at the Edith Stevens Hayduk Rd entrance after our trail grooming session!
View attachment 152336

me and mrs pygmypony enjoying the local woods...making use of the sweet JORBA neck gaiter thingy i got as part of the NJ mtb festival, COVID edition
View attachment 152337

me fumbling through a downhill section...on the new skis
View attachment 152338
Happy Birthday Joe!🎊🎉🎂🍻🍷🚲👍

teabagger11

2/22
2:39=2.5
Snow = 1pt
Ttl = 3.5
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/OuhEbHD25db
Started out great 1st hour was good the the rug got pulled out couldn't see walked a bit finally made my way back
As an aside the deer I met the other day was dead 5 ft from where I saw it didn't think a pic was appropriate local TV station had a spot this past Sunday morning about such things said there is a point between when they have a hard time finding food and before the fat stores kick in that they get disoriented and weak this may have been what I witnessed

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
2/23
1:57 plus dark = 3
The End is Nigh
About 2” of snow followed by rain had the roads all slicked up. While it wasn’t particularly bad, it still that unsettled, can’t just zone out when riding over to the park. The one park entrance was a total sheet of ice, that lead to nothing of a trail, so went back the icy road to a different spot. While the trails were ridable, it was a stark contrast to yesterday and was super slow going. Rode some of the ups but the slightest too much pressure on the pedals and the rear wheel “sank”. Kinda funny it only sank 1/2” further, but it felt like it swallowed your whole wheel. Had some comical restarts and a few soft spots that grabbed my front wheel and threw me off course. Tomorrow morning may be ridable but after 50’s on Wednesday, it will probably be dead.
ACBC37BF-DDF8-4208-95E9-C50F64903AAA.jpeg
8151CCA7-E743-49FB-BE5C-9CA4650A7957.jpeg

rick81721

Lothar
Were you hit by the cold streak at all down there like Texas? I remember one year in January we had frost in the morning and all the Ohioans Floridians showed up in ski attire including moon boots from the seventies, it was hilarious!

Nope, unless you call highs in the 60s and lows around 50 "cold". Tho there was a school district in the western tip of the panhandle that closed schools one day last week due to ice

pygmypony

2/23

1.5 points...

took a stab at riding the local woods after y'day's snow / rain...it was a super soft slogfest...not much fun. aired up the tires and hit the roads.

i'm not sure if it's the covid, or the snow, or a full moon, or whatever, but there were at least 4 times some maniac passed me fast by swinging out across the center line, only to have a near miss with an oncoming car...twice on raritan road alone...

lp1r+dKDR4KQ6XE+h0BLnw.jpg

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
2/23

1.5 points...

took a stab at riding the local woods after y'day's snow / rain...it was a super soft slogfest...not much fun. aired up the tires and hit the roads.

i'm not sure if it's the covid, or the snow, or a full moon, or whatever, but there were at least 4 times some maniac passed me fast by swinging out across the center line, only to have a near miss with an oncoming car...twice on raritan road alone...

View attachment 152391

Edison is the 2nd worst town to ride on the road in NJ.

Top Bottom