BIYF Winter 2020-2021: Go Zwift or Go Home!!!!

teabagger11

2/3
2:01=2 pts
Flurries today=1pt
3 ttl
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/MiMYRusXzdb
Local back roads today with a bunch of climbs thrown in, was surprised there was a lot of open water on Lily Lake
20210203_091025.jpg

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
2/3
1.5 plus dark = 2.5
First on the Hill
Light dusting of snow was nice as it allowed riding on the road to be ok before the traffic mushed it up. Rode the plowed section of the canal, plus where a snow mobile went and most of the foot traffic walked in that path, sometimes things just work out. However, it was a no go right at two bridges where most people dump out. Rode up passed my in-laws to make sure their driveway was clear and then headed to the local ski hill and apparently did around 20 repeats, 50' elevation haha.
View attachment 150800
All that to make this crappy video. I had a better video of the jump but something went wacky with imovie

View attachment 150801
View attachment 150802

That looks like lots of fun!

pygmypony

2/3
1 point...

welp, after two days of snowshoeing through the local woods in hopes of grooming the trails, i thought today might yield decent conditions, what with last nite's sub freezing temps...

boy was I wrong!!!

while there was some pretty decent hardpack on the top layer from my 4 passes (yep, that's right, i hiked one trail 4 different times!!!), there was still enough deep DEEP snow underneath that hadn't firmed up enough at all, so when i rolled through on the bike, i was breaking through that top layer pretty consistently. i was able to get a few decent stretches going but all in all, it was much more hike-a, and much less a-bike...still, a beautiful morning to be out in the woods, and yes, i'm a masochist, so will try again tomorrow!

this has been such a different experience from the storm we had back in December when, two passes with the snowshoes, and the trails were PRIMO! i guess that's the difference between 4-6 inches of snow and 14-18!

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.48.19 PM.png

thegock

2/3/21

1 HOUR ----1

DEEP SNOW

DEEP SNOW PXL_20210203_180418328-01.jpg

Tried the north end of a local park to test the snow. There were some footprints, but too soft and deep---fail. Went to the southwest entrance and some hunters had run a truck up a quarter mile and back on a fireroad, so I followed their wide, deep and firm tracks up the hill and back. The Fatboy was happy to get out of the garage.

The trails are going to need a few days of traffic to firm up to where they are rideable.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
2/4
1:56 plus dark = 3
Plenty of Room
Hit the road today, and for how much snow we got, the roads are pretty damn clear. Probably since not as many people were trying to get to work and packing all the snow down. Normal slow going around intersections but otherwise ok since I can take the lane 99% of the time.
D2BF051A-764B-4E5C-97E4-E0EBFADB57FD.jpeg

pygmypony

2/4
1 pt...

three days of snowshoeing and false starts finally paid off...local trails were in great shape (only half of what i had planned to groom, but hey)...alas, with rain forecasted for tomorrow it will be short lived...may be a short window tomorrow AM before the rain rolls in!

kept dropping pressure to finally get some rolling going...not sure i could have gone any lower!
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 11.44.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 11.45.10 AM.png

rick81721

Lothar
2/4

1:30

1.5 pts

https://www.strava.com/activities/4735421834

Today was Bob ride day but when I woke up it was 39 degrees so bagged it.

Just kidding, wifey fell off a treadmill at the community gym yesterday and injured her knee. It was worse today so we went to the doc for xrays. Orthopedist tomorrow, hopefully no surgery required.

I went out after a burrito lunch at Moe's. It's a balmy 60 now, warming up tomorrow.

IMG_20210204_152047_492.jpg

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
2/4

1:30

1.5 pts

https://www.strava.com/activities/4735421834

Today was Bob ride day but when I woke up it was 39 degrees so bagged it.

Just kidding, wifey fell off a treadmill at the community gym yesterday and injured her knee. It was worse today so we went to the doc for xrays. Orthopedist tomorrow, hopefully no surgery required.

I went out after a burrito lunch at Moe's. It's a balmy 60 now, warming up tomorrow.

View attachment 150936
Hope she will be OK soon Rick.

Top Bottom