BIYF Winter 2020-2021: Go Zwift or Go Home!!!!

w_b

1/31
3 points + 1snow + 2old = 6 total

Stayed off the beaten track today, although Brisbane was lookin pretty beat in. No bikes allowed in the Village, so stealth run to close out all five. Snow for the last 77 minutes.
B07B3FFD-AE94-4913-A3A2-DE9009C499A7.jpeg

20471297-A556-4EBB-8971-C8D62CE6B5B3.jpeg

0DD1057D-C724-491A-B331-3F2BBA58D2AC.jpeg

5D587CEC-486F-4E36-B029-39B4C12E8EEC.jpeg

EEC87AC0-9E7A-4DE8-9128-16E271A1682D.jpeg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1/31
2:16
https://strava.app.link/66Shjelivdb
1612125349086.png

So Capers texted me yesterday and was like "yo you were in my hood, I would have ridden with you." I had no idea he was that close to Sourlands, so I was like "yo what are you doing tomorrow? I'm down to ride Sourlands again." So then I texted some other teammates and we set it up. I got there early to do the awesome climb up to Boulderama that I knew nobody else would be interested in, and then we had a pretty killer ride. I'm starting to learn this place a bit, especially after hitting it both days this weekend. We hit Chunky Monkey as an out and back and it's just a great fucking trail. Unfortunately it started snowing at the end and came down pretty hard. So we didn't get to play around on the boulders, and coming down Boulderama was sketchy AF. Awesome time though, 10/10, would do again.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
1/31
https://strava.app.link/66ShjelivdbView attachment 150570

So Capers texted me yesterday and was like "yo you were in my hood, I would have ridden with you." I had no idea he was that close to Sourlands, so I was like "yo what are you doing tomorrow? I'm down to ride Sourlands again." So then I texted some other teammates and we set it up. I got there early to do the awesome climb up to Boulderama that I knew nobody else would be interested in, and then we had a pretty killer ride. I'm starting to learn this place a bit, especially after hitting it both days this weekend. We hit Chunky Monkey as an out and back and it's just a great fucking trail. Unfortunately it started snowing at the end and came down pretty hard. So we didn't get to play around on the boulders, and coming down Boulderama was sketchy AF. Awesome time though, 10/10, would do again.

I've made that climb like 1 time into Boulderama. It's really not horrific until that chunky as shit section right at the top. The rest of it is like 50/50.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1/31
https://strava.app.link/66ShjelivdbView attachment 150570

The only time I rode here was in 100% humidity and the boulders were sweatier than I was. It was so sketch but I was obsessed with the gnarly bonus lines. @Patrick has a great pic of me going OTB somewhere lol. I really need to get back there...bummed I couldn’t make it today.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've made that climb like 1 time into Boulderama. It's really not horrific until that chunky as shit section right at the top. The rest of it is like 50/50.

Yeah, it's all totally doable until maybe up toward the top. It's tough trying to pick out a line on a rock garden you don't know when you are redlined, but I'm pretty good at going slow to recover. It's a consistent climb, but it's never really that steep. I took the pink blazed trail toward the top that I think avoided the area with the boulders maybe? I only had 3-4 dabs, and none of them were anything not makable. With fatty traction it's definitely doable, just need to practice it. If you think the hikers give you incredulous looks when you are coming down it, you should see their expressions when you ride up it and need them to get out of the way.

Steve Vai

Yeah, it's all totally doable until maybe up toward the top. It's tough trying to pick out a line on a rock garden you don't know when you are redlined, but I'm pretty good at going slow to recover. It's a consistent climb, but it's never really that steep. I took the pink blazed trail toward the top that I think avoided the area with the boulders maybe? I only had 3-4 dabs, and none of them were anything not makable. With fatty traction it's definitely doable, just need to practice it. If you think the hikers give you incredulous looks when you are coming down it, you should see their expressions when you ride up it and need them to get out of the way.

Must be a go around of sorts, you wouldn't mistake the boulder section. You basically have to trials through it, after doing that climb.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Must be a go around of sorts, you wouldn't mistake the boulder section. You basically have to trials through it, after doing that climb.

Yeah, I think they blazed one of the go arounds. We came down the boulder section today, and I know I've done it before with Pat. There are definitely some spots in there I wouldn't be able to make uphill until I learn some trials skills.

Steve Vai

Yeah, I think they blazed one of the go arounds. We came down the boulder section today, and I know I've done it before with Pat. There are definitely some spots in there I wouldn't be able to make uphill until I learn some trials skills.

If I ever get a regular MTB again we'll have to go hop around. I roll NOTHING.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
If I ever get a regular MTB again we'll have to go hop around. I roll NOTHING.

from the pipeline , @JimN was able to get up the rock waterfall (maybe 6 tries) and around the corner onto the last big boulder (1 try). very cool.
coming into it the other way would be really tough - the roll-off is sketchy. there were some kids just hanging out on top, then suddenly a bike was there.
they were a little freaked!

Jim's track from yesterday looks weird - some sort of hiker go around before the first "wedge" to get through
@rick81721 is first on that segment - but i think he ran it, and marked it as biked....

@Soundguy's adventure - i can't find the animated gif -

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
For the record I did immediately get up and ride this clean once I realized what it was lol

I did put that in the video notes, just in case.....

i should also note i won't ride it now after watching you.

Top Bottom