BIYF Winter 2020-2021: Go Zwift or Go Home!!!!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1/30
1 pt
https://strava.app.link/4YRVBoaItdb
1612043167389.png

Snuck out for a quick one between running errands for wife’s birthday. Snow at the mine is perfectly packed right now.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So just a typical ride for you.. 😆

it's gotta be @JimN. i haven't had a mechanical or flat on the trail since the hub incident at WW.
I think that coincided with him blowing up a hub just a few weeks before - so it is deja vu all over again.

In good news - i had the correct BOA adjuster on my shelf to repair the shoe - of course it is going to snow,
and i have a broken fatbike. guess SS at nassau might work.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
it's gotta be @JimN. i haven't had a mechanical or flat on the trail since the hub incident at WW.
I think that coincided with him blowing up a hub just a few weeks before - so it is deja vu all over again.

In good news - i had the correct BOA adjuster on my shelf to repair the shoe - of course it is going to snow,
and i have a broken fatbike. guess SS at nassau might work.
I think he is referring to your round valley ride when you had a bunch of mechnicals

Patrick

Staff member
I think he is referring to your round valley ride when you had a bunch of mechnicals

those don't stand out - jim wasn't there.
my bike? never. although i seem to remember walking out of cush in the last year.

Patrick

Staff member

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
1/7

1:48 ride 1.5
selfie bonus +1

2.5 points

Well this was special. Headed back into RV to do some clean-up work.
There were two trees down, and a couple that break up the great *flow* (meaning downhill)

First the one that @Mitch would find "fun" - ya can get around it, but at warp speed, it sucks (no ramp)
I was going to bunnyhop it, but after the last couple days of riding, nah. missing means a rock wall, riders right, and no shortage of rocks on the left.

View attachment 147963
View attachment 148061

Then I ran in to our local Worlds CX Champion @ChristyP - who has an ID here, but i can't find it.
She was hiking, but immediately wanted to talk about mountain biking, cause when she hikes, all the features look rideable.
She referred to my bike as Vreeland-sized tires. :D

Back-up a bit, on the Cush side - post Sandy, @Fire Lord Jim and I went in and cleared all the trees.
We left an underpass, cause it was looking safe standing, and dangerous to take down. It has been slowly collapsing.
It was now an obstacle to duck under, bye-bye. It is now leaning, but will fall away from the trail. While i was there...

View attachment 147965

I pick up my bike, and the wahoo is sitting on the ground. weird. I go to put it back in the mount, and the mount insert is broken!
no picture - computer goes into the pocket.

Somewhere high in RV, the Sourland Ridge in the distance - i can see this point from my back yard. so i can see my house from here ?

View attachment 147966

Take out a few more flow busters, and pick-up a bunch of dead fall. Why the hikers can't kick them off the trail is a bit beyond me.
So @terrabike01 let me know there was a tree down on puke hill between the campground split and the top. Great, that limits it to
about half. Luckily it wasn't too far down - and it wasn't the steep part. Took care of that.

View attachment 147967

Now it gets interesting, it is getting dark and i'm heading back. I left the helmet with the light in the car. Smart!
I'm slowly pedaling up the hill (cause that is what ya do at RV) then go to shift and the shifter is loose. Now I have a 30lb
pack on, and i can't include a 4oz multi-tool. Leave it in the granny (30-42 for me) and only pedal going up - which is most of the time.
I decide to shift when i hit the campground road from the payphone - no-go. off it comes. at least i didn't lose the screw.
I tucked the cable under the broken computer mount - where are my jorba bands? Back home i assess the situ.

View attachment 147968

OK - i make it back to the car and it is dark. Pull the computer out of my pocket to stop it.
Can't see, I hit the button for pause. the light should come on so i know what's going on.
Nothing! I open the car door, and the screen is blank. Great, i go out for 3 hours, and there isn't
going to be a full record. So i take a pic of the car clock - 5:27. damn, i wonder what time the sun went down?

Will figure it out when I get home - here is what i see.
View attachment 147969

OK - whatevs. while it is doing that, i check the sunset time 4:48 - so short on the 45 minutes.
I recover the ride, and hit the stop button - the ride uploads to strava and I see that pressing
the button was the cause of the low battery crash. so didn't lose any of the ride.

Out there for a little more than 3 hours - got in a good workout, and got some stuff done.
Lots of hike-a-bike on the hills with the pack. Chatted-up some nice people along the way too.
Including Amy - who is on the town council over in High Bridge (i think) - she doesn't ride, but knew @Jeffreywoliver
and helped with the connector at Nassau out to Foran Fields.

All the hikers seemed the more experienced kind - can tell by the clothes.
The lady coming down from the closed trail at the saddle, not so much. White, long puffy jacket, no hat, poly dressy pants..

Speaking of closed - Way back on Aug 1, I did my annual 1st day eagle trail ride. It was already trampled by the pandemic, non-literate hikers.
Yesterday I noted the chain with the pvc pipe at the Cush lot entrance. On the RV side they left no doubt.

View attachment 147972
Yup

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
1/30

2 pts + 3 bonus = 5 pts

Headed out to Pittstown then Clinton to finish up the old building bonus.

Pittstown Inn build in 1760s, has served many different uses over the centuries, and is currently functioning as a restaurant. This is the closest restaurant to my house, we eat there quite often. History of Pittstown Inn
IMG_2529.jpg
Image-1 (30).jpg

Then Clinton which has an entire town of old buildings. The two most popular are the Red Mill, built in 1810, which is now some sort of museum. Red Mill History And the Stone Mill, built in 1763, which is now an art gallery. Stone Mill History
IMG_2530.jpg
IMG_2531.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
***Secondary Bonus***
2 points to the person who gets:

Oldest Building*.
Oldest Building being used today*.

I have to go back through, but i think the current line is

Oldest Building: 1704 Bridgetown Mill @stb222**
Oldest Building being used today. 1738 Richardson House @stb222**

*needs to be verifiable
**remember, I'm running this, so I can't win the prizes, but I can make sure y'all don't get these bonuses by finding this stuff
@iimvreeland since it is being used today, it counts for the second one. Meaning something else needs to be used for the other

Hot Action

Attachments

• 1612045393067.png
    1612045393067.png
    481.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 1612045441875.png
    1612045441875.png
    450.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 1612045492365.png
    1612045492365.png
    525.6 KB · Views: 57

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So then I use the one from yesterday as my oldest building, and this one as being used today.
It’s two different categories one is oldest is building being used as home
One is Not a home.

The intent was that not one building could fulfill both categories, hence there is now only one category: oldest building which goes to you, two points

this is why running BIYF sucks

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
1/30
:50 Zwift
1:02 real world
1 point?

I was planning on doing an hour of Zwift but the wife ordered food so I pulled the plug at 50 minutes to avoid paying for cold food.
I’m usually late to figure out what the bonuses are, but saw the fidler wyckoff post and realized I’m not too far. Also I always thought the old stone house had some sort of historical significance -turns out it’s just a re-creation.
BCD09A58-126C-48E8-A66D-A756DCA14545.jpeg
D1ADC3A5-181A-4C02-9F19-ABCB90D0A150.jpeg
1121B798-CE82-4DE5-93EB-1F8307187952.jpeg
9CA8B1AE-676C-448D-BA60-72ABAF94866B.jpeg
027F9695-E35D-4B4D-B1C1-832AF04283BF.jpeg
9778AFD8-2F91-422C-B1A6-6374B986339D.png
79FF0E9A-D714-4D5E-95C5-87B68760BA6E.png

Top Bottom