BIYF Winter 2020-2021: Go Zwift or Go Home!!!!

1/31/2021
1:24:44 Outdoor Ride! (dammit missed the .5 this time) = 1 point
No Bonus of anything and it started snowing just after we got back.

I was determined to get outdoors today since its the first time I am cleared to ride outside the last 2 weeks and with the storm coming I figured this will be it for a while. And had to take my new to me MTB out too. Plus just so cold for a road ride no idea if I could survive it after only being indoors for so long.

Went with a friend we headed to Columbia Trail with big plans to ride out to HB and back. That idea quickly became a NG because the whole trail was covered in crunchy snow with a topping of ice here and there. Normally I would not be so nervous but coming off an injury the last time I was on a MTB I cant take a chance to fall again.

we got about 6-7 miles out and decided to head back we had enough sketch after each of us had a few slide outs. It was a good shakedown ride for the bike anyway now I know a few things that need to be addressed for the next time I get to ride it.

1612135212737.png

I might bring my running shoes next time to take the KOM from Rick. No way I'm taking it with the bike.

kinda hard to believe Rick and I are the only two that "rode" this
it also has Rick's run attempt a segment marked ride

only difference is now i can ride everything past the boulders.
will give it another shot when it dries out.

Oh, Jim is now the local legend on the climb up.

Last edited:
I might bring my running shoes next time to take the KOM from Rick. No way I'm taking it with the bike.

Haha make sure you make it a ride and not a run - the run times are ridiculous - my best for the ~ 5 mile white loop was 52 min, the CR is 40. Also the run seg for that climb goes from the trailhead up to boulderama - I did it in 12 min, the CR is 9.5!

Yeah, because I did it twice. I guess Sourlands locals are pretty soft.

I'll take the next "intro to the sourlands" ride up that way, so they never come back - cuts down on the crowd.

So many people tell me about their horrible experience there, and w/o fail they went that way.

that one rock wall where the trail gets tight to the tree is fun - i'd def rip the der cable off a pivot right there on the way down.

PS if you think you're really good climbing rocks, note that trail is the "easy" way up. There's an alternative route where you take a left before it gets really steep. I nearly killed myself coming down that way with my spearfish - I deem it impossible going up on a bike (without getting off the bike) until someone proves otherwise.

PS if you think you're really good climbing rocks, note that trail is the "easy" way up. There's an alternative route where you take a left before it gets really steep. I nearly killed myself coming down that way with my spearfish - I deem it impossible going up on a bike (without getting off the bike) until someone proves otherwise.

Lol, yeah I don't think I'm that good. I don't think I even did it the easy way, I think I did it the super easy way. There's a pink blazed trail up top that is still hard but it avoids the boulder area up there. Maybe once I clean it the super easy way then I'll try the easy way. I assume the hard way you are talking about is the dashed line that goes straight up, but I don't think I've ever been on it. I definitely need to go down there more.

Lol, yeah I don't think I'm that good. I don't think I even did it the easy way, I think I did it the super easy way. There's a pink blazed trail up top that is still hard but it avoids the boulder area up there. Maybe once I clean it the super easy way then I'll try the easy way. I assume the hard way you are talking about is the dashed line that goes straight up, but I don't think I've ever been on it. I definitely need to go down there more.

Yeah I have to get there more too. Used to run there 1x month and now it's been like 2 years. And haven't ridden the boulderama side since they re-marked all the trails. They codified a few shortcuts.

Yeah I have to get there more too. Used to run there 1x month and now it's been like 2 years. And haven't ridden the boulderama side since they re-marked all the trails. They codified a few shortcuts.
Boulderama is so difficult to ride with all the foot traffic it gets. I take the middle trail now - used to be the original C blaze, I don’t know what it is now. All the hiking traffic heads straight to boulderama, that middle trail is usually vacant, and also filled with all kinds of awful/sharp rocks which makes it interesting. You can rip on it other than in a few spots.

Back
Top Bottom