BIYF Winter 2020-2021: Go Zwift or Go Home!!!!

rick81721

Lothar
2/23

2:21

2 pts

https://www.strava.com/activities/4836728938

Northport HS trails again - had a rare crash today - pedal caught a root at about 10 mph and the bike stopped dead. Me, no. Trail landing was sand but my forearm landed on a root - hurt so bad initially I thought maybe it was fractured but seems fine now.

IMG_20210223_110055_479.jpg

iman29

2/23/2021
1:02:33 = 1 point
Snow/rain bonus = 1 finally a weather bonus!
Total 2 points

I probably spent 20 minutes debating if I should go outside today and then I got the text message from the friend "hey I am heading out soon", so that was the motivation i needed. Plus I had no idea it was supposed to snow today so got hyped for the weather bonus.

We hit the road and it was wet snowing a bit, and went over to check out the Columbia Trail again since he had his fatbike we thought he could maybe plow a trail in the fresh snow and maybe I could follow along. Well nope that didnt work out. We got a little hyped when we saw that a snowmobile had been down the trail, then I thought is that even legal/allowed? But the trail wasnt packed down enough from yesterday's 6" of snow and we got about 50' in and had to turn around. Well we got a nice pic anyway.

Cruised the local streets yet again, but then it started sleet/raining and i almost bailed after 35 minutes but then it cleared up a bit. After the local streets we hit the only good trail for a few loops - my backyard! After airing down the tires he only needed to do about 2-3 loops and basically then it was packed down perfectly. Spent about 10 minutes but then Time was up though had to get back inside for work.

Seriously debating going back in the yard for another 30 minutes or so when I am done with meetings today as it seems nicer out now. I think after tomorrow the backyard snow loops will be done cause the whole yard is gonna turn to a swamp when everything melts.

Pics added for weather bonus verification accordingly.

1614112991128.png

1614113091466.png
1614113114339.png

1614112978423.png
1614113024664.png

kearneyb

2/23
0.5 pts zwift

Had to go to the office today. So an after dinner zwift ride. Wasn’t feeling very motivated tonight so of course I pick a climbing route. Started feeling better about after about 15-min, and got in an hour plus.

The kids were busy tonight doing cupcake wars.
CFE1A918-C847-4754-9186-5E9714A949A7.jpeg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
2/24
1:55 plus day = 3
Enter Thaw
Attempted core again as I figured it would be the last anything on trails for awhile. The loop I entered at was the least ridden of the whole park and it was solid. If you had studs, you could really fly. Without them it was kind slow as there was minimal bite from the tires. However where it merges with a trail that saw way more traffic, it was all ice. I rode another less traveled trail but again, when you hit more traffic, ice. So hoofed it to the road and peeped the utility road I ride, not plowed, so just ride around on the road. Beautiful morning.
216FE0E2-6CDF-4696-B9E6-4F5E00D7E82C.jpeg
97B43A12-FA2D-45BA-922F-E39491599401.jpeg
9F634515-87D9-401D-B315-E6661CE42CF5.jpeg
C96DA246-6818-4401-80E2-F51E2CDD8525.jpeg

pygmypony

Westfield. Also, Westfield is the worst by at least 10 times over Edison.
holy crap...i've ridden through westfield hundreds of times...maybe i never noticed...or maybe i never rode through on my fat bike...but i got cursed at by some a-hole who wanted me to drive right into the tailgate of the parked car in front of me, instead of swinging out slightly into the lane, only to stop at the light literally 50 yards ahead of us...then, nearly got right hooked by an equally aggressive arsehole at the VERY NEXT traffic light! thought for a minute, it was the same dude trying to exact revenge for me saying nothing, when he beeped at me...but no, it was a different dude...

do westfield drivers maybe hate dudes on fat bikes? have @thegock and @jimvreeland been terrorizing westfield drivers while on their fat bikes??

pygmypony

2/24

3.5 pts - 2.5 hrs + 1 dark - edited from earlier post (i don't think @stb222 has tabulated yet)....got out in the afternoon for a second ride...in what has become my standard operating procedure...about 1 minute away from another 1/2 point (1:24)...too lazy to go back out...so combined time for the day: 2:52:33

rode through westfield (see post above!)..planned on hitting the watchungs...but rear tire was getting a bit soft...needed to stop to top off sealant, then decided i didn't want to deal with another flat further from home...so just did a local road loop, and avoided more driving arseholes...while this nice weather is...nice...i'm going to miss riding the snow in the local woods every day

and wow, it's beautiful outside right now...i might have to get out again later if my work schedule allows it!

dJizmUJWRdmJxyfwETON1A.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
holy crap...i've ridden through westfield hundreds of times...maybe i never noticed...or maybe i never rode through on my fat bike...but i got cursed at by some a-hole who wanted me to drive right into the tailgate of the parked car in front of me, instead of swinging out slightly into the lane, only to stop at the light literally 50 yards ahead of us...then, nearly got right hooked by an equally aggressive arsehole at the VERY NEXT traffic light! thought for a minute, it was the same dude trying to exact revenge for me saying nothing, when he beeped at me...but no, it was a different dude...

do westfield drivers maybe hate dudes on fat bikes? have @thegock and @jimvreeland been terrorizing westfield drivers while on their fat bikes??

I'm not entirely sure what's going on in that town. I can only assume the roadies in town ride the same way they drive and have created a very high baseline. It's the only town someone has driven on the sidewalk in a Tesla at a Fire Signal to go around me. The driver yelled at me, everyone who had the right of way, and even the Fire Truck trying to pull out.

Top Bottom