BIYF - 2021/2022 - No Frills

thegock

well the party's over. back in the cold of NJ

i was rushing to get out the door and back before a 2pm call so i didn't check the tire pressure...was running super soft in the rear, crossed a stream bed with some sharp rocks and tore a gash in my sidewall...needed two dyna plugs to close it up, but it worked, and is still holding!

Nice Osprey, pagimanee

PYGM PONY PXL_20210312_223557966-01.jpg

iman29

1/27/2022

Today was going to be another indoor workout, but after I walked the dog I decided to throw out the usual logic of not layering up mid week for a shorter ride and went for it.

This also was good to take the place of my workout since I wanted to keep the HR higher this ride to see how my rebuild is progressing. Between the wind, cold, multiple layers and riding the gravel bike my HR was definitely up there most of the ride and probably more so than if I stayed indoors. I just have to keep reminding myself to not plan to ride as far since I am slower but despite the cold it was good to get out again this week ahead of the shitty weekend forecast.

I'll save all the good pics for the January Get outside thread this time, with the exception of the winter selfie. I am smiling behind the balaclava ;-)

1643311932143.png
1643312132046.png

krink

Eddie Munster
Jealous. All the gravel trails up north here are unrideable right now with a layer of ice.
Then the snow that’s coming will add to it.

Been rolling around on the roads with the gravel bike it’s almost like gravel roads with all the grit and road salt down already.
I hear ya, but the hills are so much better up there, and ice melts.

Top Bottom