Bill Negotiation Service

rick81721

Lothar
I may have them do one - couldn't hurt.

Seriously, I've been using Truebill for a few months. I've just used it to keep track of bills - every month they tell you what went up or down. They will also negotiate to reduce bills but I've never tried it. Hey just looked - Sirius went up $1.29/month! Maybe I will sick them on Sirius to see if it works.

PS just did it - let's see what happens.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Seriously, I've been using Truebill for a few months. I've just used it to keep track of bills - every month they tell you what went up or down. They will also negotiate to reduce bills but I've never tried it. Hey just looked - Sirius went up $1.29/month! Maybe I will sick them on Sirius to see if it work.

PS just did it - let's see what happens.

i see - so the service you use is legit, and the others are scams.
solid info.
;)

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wait... You need a third party to tell you that your bills went up or down? Like you can't just look at the previous statements yourself?

rick81721

Lothar
Wait... You need a third party to tell you that your bills went up or down? Like you can't just look at the previous statements yourself?

Do I need it? No, I got the app primarily for budgeting, it's just one of the features. And this is the first time I looked at it in a few months. But who looks at statements? Our bills are almost all paperless - I don't bother unless something looks odd.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do I need it? No, I got the app primarily for budgeting, it's just one of the features. And this is the first time I looked at it in a few months. But who looks at statements? Our bills are almost all paperless - I don't bother unless something looks odd.
All paperless statements here too. And I created excel sheets for tracking personal expenses. The idea of having a third party app do this for you (as in anyone) seems unnecessary. And how many bills are you actually able to negotiate? Subscription services and cable/internet? We've never had cable/internet unwilling to reduce the price with a simple phone call. And I'd just drop any subscription service that got too high. Sucks but if Netflix all of a sudden was $90/month, I'd just say adios.

Edit: but I also look like this when paying the bills sooooo 🤷‍♀️

d1a970b73073a1630a0f13a0c4e5eb85.jpg

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
All paperless statements here too. And I created excel sheets for tracking personal expenses. The idea of having a third party app do this for you (as in anyone) seems unnecessary. And how many bills are you actually able to negotiate? Subscription services and cable/internet? We've never had cable/internet unwilling to reduce the price with a simple phone call. And I'd just drop any subscription service that got too high. Sucks but if Netflix all of a sudden was $90/month, I'd just say adios.

Edit: but I also look like this when paying the bills sooooo 🤷‍♀️

No clue how effective this bill negotiation is - it's another feature of this app I tried and Pat's post prompted me to give it a shot. I am also skeptical what they can do but will soon find out.

JerseyPete

Hey Truebill came thru - knocked down wifey's car Sirius bill from $23 to $7.75/month. And looks like they knocked $14/month off our Comcast bill.
What was the process? You check off on the app which companies to work with and they do all the calls/emails?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Hey Truebill came thru - knocked down wifey's car Sirius bill from $23 to $7.75/month. And looks like they knocked $14/month off our Comcast bill.
Do they extend your contract at the same time? Since that's what all the companies ask for when they lower your bill.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

is Truebill a subscription and this is something they do?
Or do you pay them a percentage of the save?

Top Bottom