BIKES STOLEN - Please be on the Lookout

JediFu

Hello. I am new to the forum. I am sad to report that i had two bikes stolen in late october from my house on the Jersey Shore. Can everyone please be on the lookout, especially in Allaire?

The first one is a Size Small 2020 Megatower that I built with Belmar Bikes. It was a full XX1 AXS drivetrain, Syndicate Wheels w/ Hydra Hubs, Chris King Headset, notice the red coil on the shock, the dropper was swapped to a Transfer Fox Factory, grips were Danny MacAskill.

The second bike was my wife's two month old Size Medium Yeti SB130 C build. Unfortunately, there is nothing distinguishing about this bike except it has ride wrap on it.

If you see either of the bikes, please call me at 917-710-7748. I am offering a $1000 reward for the return of both bikes. Can we all agree that bike theft should be punishable by stoning?

Pics of both bikes below:

Attachments

• Megatower Sedona 2.jpg
    Megatower Sedona 2.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Megatower Sedona.jpg
    Megatower Sedona.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 149
  • SB130 Bedroom.jpg
    SB130 Bedroom.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 145

EJphotos

That sucks. Where on the Jersey shore if you don't mind me asking? Also, have any camera footage?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This sucks, but we recently had a similar story with a happy ending.
What worked there was social media blasts- get the word and pics out everywhere you can- FB biking and neighborhood groups, Instagram and get the word to local shops too.
The more eyes looking, the better the odds.

Reactions: don

EJphotos

Mantoloking. Camera footage only lasts 10 days and I was out with surgery for those 10 days so no reason to check on the bikes. The replacements will be under 24/7 surveillance.
Oh wow. Quiet neighborhood this time of year.
I'll keep my eyes peeled

iman29

Sucks to hear I hope someone is dumb enough to try riding it around and gets caught like the last time this happened on here.

If you use any ride tracking apps like Strava strongly suggest to update the privacy settings to ensure it wasn’t someone using your start and finish of any rides to target your house. This assumes you ride from home but when I read about stuff like this it always makes me feel like it’s something planned if whoever did it somehow saw those nice bikes going to and from your garage.

Feel better soon and hope whoever did this gets all their fingernails pulled out and dipped in lemon juice.

BananaFred

2 things:
1 - this is an argument to customize a bike in easily identified ways
2 - Is there a good/inexpensive tracker that can be attached to a bike ?

Reactions: don

JediFu

Hello. I am new to the forum. I am sad to report that i had two bikes stolen in late october from my house on the Jersey Shore. Can everyone please be on the lookout, especially in Allaire?

The first one is a Size Small 2020 Megatower that I built with Belmar Bikes. It was a full XX1 AXS drivetrain, Syndicate Wheels w/ Hydra Hubs, Chris King Headset, notice the red coil on the shock, the dropper was swapped to a Transfer Fox Factory, grips were Danny MacAskill.

The second bike was my wife's two month old Size Medium Yeti SB130 C build. Unfortunately, there is nothing distinguishing about this bike except it has ride wrap on it.

If you see either of the bikes, please call me at 917-710-7748. I am offering a $1000 reward for the return of both bikes. Can we all agree that bike theft should be punishable by stoning?

Pics of both bikes below:
As an update, the Megatower was recovered last night by my local police. More info to follow!

Top Bottom