BikeFlights?

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I used bike flights for the first time this month to ship my evo to and from Irvine, CA. I borrowed a Thule case from @Mountain Bike Mike and shipping from Yardley, PA to Irvine was only $50, which included a bit of extra insurance. I shipped it to my hotel and it arrived per the expected date that fed ex gave me.

The only thing I forgot to put in the box was CO2 and TSA took care of the three cartridges I forgot were in my carry on. Took me about 20 minnto reassemble in my hotel room and off I went.

No issues shipping home either. I had to call back to change my shipping address from the hotel and the bike flight person did it quickly and i received a new label in a few hours.

Am very pleased with the service.
@stb222 was the Thule case hard or soft?

Chris(NJ)

I have used BikeFlights good service. You just need a good strong box.

^^This lol.

FedEx damaged my road bike in shipping back from South Dakota. Busted water bottle cage, torn bar tape and some paint damage. I insured the bike to 1,800, but I'm not claiming the paint damage b/c I wouldn't be re-painting it. Too much trouble. So I claimed the h2o cage and bar tape for $65.00.
Let's see how Bikeflights does at handling the claim now. Fwiw, you can't go directly through Fedex for the claim since it's a bikeflights account that is used.

THATmanMANNY

what if you used bikeflights to ship non-bike things which is breaking their policy but how would they or carrier know? Do they scan the package while in transit to see if it's bike things?
asking for a friend

Johnny Utah

what if you used bikeflights to ship non-bike things which is breaking their policy but how would they or carrier know? Do they scan the package while in transit to see if it's bike things?
asking for a friend
I do it all the time for Jeep stuff.

RobW

Just used bike flights for selling a bike... website had a hiccup so they gave me a 55 dollar discount. Wasn’t so lucky for the bike that’s coming next week. So easy....

qclabrat

Just used bike flights for selling a bike... website had a hiccup so they gave me a 55 dollar discount. Wasn’t so lucky for the bike that’s coming next week. So easy....
was that the cost for the bike ship? where was it going?

RSAmerica

asking for a friend

The only issue I can think of is insurance. Say your tell them your shipping a bike, but you ship let’s say a set of leather Jeep seat covers. UPS which is Bikeflights new carrier runs over the box, now you have a fraudulent claim. Maybe worth it to ask Bikefight and see what thay say.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just shipped a couple bikes. Disappointed to see they switched to UPS. Rates seem much higher now as compared to when they used FedEx.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor

Wait, what bike? We needz the deetz. :)

Top Bottom