Bike Wikipedia

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
One of the things I do when I'm bored is to "Wikipedia Surf". For instance, last week I was reading on the Cuban Missile Crisis and got sidetracked at least 12 times with other links. It's a great way to entertain yourself for a while as well as learn something.

Anyway, I was thinking yesterday that it would be great to have a Bike Wikipedia. I checked out the usual suspects bikapedia.com, bikepedia.com, and bikipedia.com. Well lo and behold the last one actually gives you something. It's not cross referenced like Wikipedia so it doesn't really give you much. And it's not descriptive. But it's something.

What sites out there do you guys go to for info? I know Sheldon Brown is a great resource and I'm sure there are others. But there really ought to be a Bike Wikipedia in the same vein as wikipedia.org. So who has the free time to get that up and running? :D

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I was looking for the old mtbnj wiki with the oscar the pallet king story, James Pearl Thumbs up and I found this instead

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I was looking for the old mtbnj wiki with the oscar the pallet king story, James Pearl Thumbs up and I found this instead

it is badly broken and on my list to fix.
i might be able to find the link to the story tho

Patrick

Staff member
never mind - It is in the DB, and I haven't set up the connection.
no time right now.

Patrick

Staff member
So much pressure -

the lineage of the purple cast
the forced march (or whatever you called it)
where is the pic of @Megatron attempting to use a scope on a rifle?
Why following Bill is just a bad idea.

all before my time!

They are there - just needs the right spell.

Top Bottom