Bike was stolen!!

Raphael

617D36B6-5C91-4781-9D74-06C4CF177427.jpeg

someone stole my bike last night right out of my car in lakewood!!! Please keep your eyes open for this bike. its a Salsa Beargrease with Bluro front suspension. I wrote hundreds of miles on this bike and want it back. happy to pay a reward. please email or message me with any info. raphael@lantreedev.com

Johnny Utah

Interested at what lengths they went to steal it......did they break glass? Pick a lock? Either way I will be on the look out. Call the police, check craigslist, ebay and local pawn stores.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Sorry to hear.
Have you checked with your home insurance? I thought they cover this type of stuff. Odd... yeah... but that's what I heard.

qclabrat

Serial numbers or any other distinguishing details would help
That really sucks, bike thieves are serious low lifes

Raphael

Thanks Guys! I called the cops and filed a report and will watch the resale sites. I very rarely leave my bike in my car and ALWAYS lock my car, except that night.....

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Sorry to hear that man. Check with your homeowners insurance. Mine covered my stolen bike this summer.

rojasj

Sorry about that I know the feeling. I leave nothing in my car that is remotely visible, not even a pen. Some people will steal anything that isn't bolted down. In my area we had someone going around stealing planters. Yes, planters....

qclabrat

Sorry about that I know the feeling. I leave nothing in my car that is remotely visible, not even a pen. Some people will steal anything that isn't bolted down. In my area we had someone going around stealing planters. Yes, planters....
When my brother lived in Newark, drug addicts would steal knobs and any thing after breaking a window. He eventually just left the doors unlocked and windows down when it wasn't raining or snowing. All scumbags

mtbiker87

Up here we had a run of folks stealing change out of cars. Happened to my daughter right in my driveway. Our cars were locked up, her's was not.

rojasj

Up here we had a run of folks stealing change out of cars. Happened to my daughter right in my driveway. Our cars were locked up, her's was not.

Where I live I once left my car unlocked. The next morning I found that it had been rummaged through. I used to keep a emergency 100 bucks in the ash tray (when cars had ash trays) and at that time, an expensive radar detector and my prescription sunglasses. The person that went through the car left the radar detector and emerency 100 bucks and only took my prescription sunglasses and a pen. They was the money and radar detector cuase they left the glove box and ash tray open. Why the passed on the 100 bucks I have no idea.

rojasj

When my brother lived in Newark, drug addicts would steal knobs and any thing after breaking a window. He eventually just left the doors unlocked and windows down when it wasn't raining or snowing. All scumbags

Yup, I lived in West New York and in our first apartment we once had some scumbag enter our open window thinking we were not home and had just left it open.

rojasj

I honestly don't even like leaving my bike rack atatched to the my car. But it's a pain removing and installing it each time. I'm honestly suprised that no one has stolen my bike rack.

yanmar

Thanks Guys! I called the cops and filed a report and will watch the resale sites. I very rarely leave my bike in my car and ALWAYS lock my car, except that night.....
I used my ins for property stolen out of my van and when the police report was filed it said my van was parked on the road in front of my house and they didn't cover , but if it was in my driveway it would have been covered . So for now on everything is in my driveway , even if it don't have wheels on , it gets dragged into the driveway .

Dajerseyrat

Thieves are lowlifes...One thing I recommend is to occasionally check with the property officer at your local PD. I know we have an entire gated off area of our garage full of recovered unclaimed bikes that we eventually auction off.

rick81721

Lothar
Related, kids around here don't seem worried about their bikes getting stolen. These bikes are here every school day - 2 are chained, the rest just lay there

20181029_095659.jpg

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

When I moved to Harrison I started doing this, when I went to rutgers newark it saved me. There were days where I'd come out and everyone's windows were smashed by my car aside for mine. Out side of my change disappearing, the most interesting things to happen were people sleeping in my car. I would just hit the unlock button on my car a few times to get them out.

Sucks about this bike I've got a CL on my phone set for Salsa so if someone post it north of virginia, south of vermont and east of Pittsburgh I'll get a ping and I'll post it up. Good luck dude.

Top Bottom