Bike Tune Up costs?

F

FrankSpin

I'm new to the board so I'm sorry for the generic rhetorical question.

I have a 98ish Cannondale F500 that I was riding quite often when I got it but stopped riding for a good 7-8 years. I'm looking to get back into riding and the bike could probably use a good look over. What would the average cost run me for one, provided no major issues?

It will vary depending on your area and the shop you go to, but $50 is probably a good rough estimate. Any required parts would be extra. If the bike has been sitting unused for that long, it may need new cables.

We've been running a winter special over here at High Gear for $50, it's normally $70. We also have some sweet deals on higher services as well:D

-Jim.

at my shop, we have a basic look over for 40 next step up includes a wheel true f + r for 70. above that there's a 120 dollar one that includes an extension drivtrain cleaning in out parts washer.

parts are obviously extra as well as the installation of those parts.

Thanks guys. I was figuring at least $50 but more like $100, I just wanted to hear what people had to say. I wanna get back into riding and if a $100/$200 tune up can hold me over for a while I'd rather go that route than dropping money on a new bike.

FREE, do it your self, ask questions, dont be afraid, you cant hurt the bike.
Go slow and aproach one item at a time, Then call Jdog or Jimmy for help...you can even call me..

FREE, do it your self, ask questions, dont be afraid, you cant hurt the bike.
Go slow and aproach one item at a time, Then call Jdog or Jimmy for help...you can even call me..

Hmm... reminds me of shop hourly rates I saw posted in a garage:

Shop rate: $50/hr.
If you watch: $75/hr
If you 'effed with it first: $100/hr

:rolleyes:

Hmm... reminds me of shop hourly rates I saw posted in a garage:

Shop rate: $50/hr.
If you watch: $75/hr
If you 'effed with it first: $100/hr

:rolleyes:

Ive charged people in in my area a few times for doing tune ups on there bikes. Usually no more than 5 or 10 bucks or so..

Back
Top Bottom