Bike Storage

mattsrabbit

So my new place is not really set up to accommodate my 8 bikes. I do have a huge deck and can store bikes there (outside). I tried a tent thing and it failed miserably. Does anyone have experience/recco's on some of those Rubbermaid style bike sheds?? Trying to figure out dimensions to accommodate 2 mtb's and a flat bar commuter. Also... anyone selling something like that?? They're stupid expensive. FYI I'm looking more for keeping my bikes out of the elements vs safe from theft as my deck is protected.

Thanks!!

Karate Monkey

Rubbermaid shed, hole-saw through an appropriate size to mount an outdoor-rated light socket INSIDE the shed. Put a 100w incandescent bulb in and run it 24/7. It will throw off enough heat to keep the humidity low enough to prevent rust from forming on the bikes. The Zerust covers that they make for motorcycles do work, but my experience [with life in general - ha] is that if it's not easy to cover/install, you simply won't do it.

Look for stuff that is meant for storing garden implements--mowers, trimmers, etc--my parents have something like that, and it's large enough to fit two snuggly packed bikes. I'm sure they make larger ones.

Top Bottom