Bike Stolen in Westfield

stilluf

Both of my bikes were stolen out of my garage 2 nights ago. They were both locked up; the thieves broke the lock!
I’m not hopeful of getting either bike back, but posting here as a warning. And in case someone sees this bike for sale:
2017 specialized epic WC carbon with maxxis tires and dropper post . 2 bottle cages and SWOT box .
the other bike was also an Epic, with green highlights.
60DFFB4D-0E24-418C-8DB8-23578614F20F.jpeg

thegock

Sucks, sorry for your loss. keep an eye ^^^^^^^^^^^^^FB Marketplace and on craigslist, ebay, etc.

BTW,This is a large, right?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Damn Andrew, sorry to hear this. People suck. Sounds like someone cased your place, or it was someone who knew about them at the very least.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry dude, that really blows. It being 2 bikes maybe meets your homeowners deductible? Either way… sucks. I quit biking for 10 years when my pride and joy cannondale was stolen in 2006. Don’t do that!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, locked in a garage...someone really wanted those bikes. Sorry that hear, hopefully you can get insurance to cover loss.

Sven Migot

Both of my bikes were stolen out of my garage 2 nights ago. They were both locked up; the thieves broke the lock!
I’m not hopeful of getting either bike back, but posting here as a warning. And in case someone sees this bike for sale:
2017 specialized epic WC carbon with maxxis tires and dropper post . 2 bottle cages and SWOT box .
View attachment 160875
That sucks. Sorry dude.

The_Mountainside_Menace

Ugh! Sorry to hear. Were the bikes the only things taken? Seems crazy that they broke a lock to get to them. Seems like they knew they were there ahead of time. I'd first canvas that @thegock fellow then follow up with @Sven Migot. Those are the only two Westfield delinquents I know.

FastFreddy

Wow that's horrible! Does anyone in your neighborhood have one of those Ring doorbell things? Maybe one may have some video? It had to be a van or pickup if they didn't ride away on them. I'd also imagine it had to be someone in the area who sees you putting them in there and knows they're locked if they where prepared to break the lock and take off with them.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Seems like its someone who may have been to your place unless they carry bolt cutters at every house break in. It's my worst nightmare, hence cameras now everywhere. Too many teens and young adults in/out of my house on a daily. Hopefully they find the rotten prep though I would imagine today it's just a slap on the wrist. Good luck with getting them back!

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Sorry to hear. This reminded me to double check my strava privacy zone, and it was my old address. I totally forgot to update it after I moved.

Last edited:

Cassinonorth

Sorry to here. This reminded me to double check my strava privacy zone, and it was my old address. I totally forgot to update it after I moved.

We always talk about if our house gets broken into, the bikes are by far the easiest to sell and the most expensive things in the house. Too bad tax records are public and finding someone's address is just about the easiest part of breaking into someone's house.

iman29

View attachment 160875
OMG that totally sucks I hope those people rot in hell. I hope somehow you get them back will try to post around to different sites to be on the lookout. if you have a pic of the other bike it will help too.

sorry man :(

Top Bottom