Bike shops can still operate with closed / locked doors.

stilluf

Still trying to figure out how this thread became the "Publicly Complain About Your Customers" and/or "Which of Your Customers Suck the Most" threads. Local bike shops everywhere are under serious pressure, and yet this thread has devolved into bashing those people who keep the shops open. Amazing.

jimvreeland

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Still trying to figure out how this thread became the "Publicly Complain About Your Customers" and/or "Which of Your Customers Suck the Most" threads. Local bike shops everywhere are under serious pressure, and yet this thread has devolved into bashing those people who keep the shops open. Amazing.
The people that we're complaining about are not customers. They're people that are literally so bored of being inside that they dragged a bike they found buried in the woods into a bicycle shop to have it rebuilt for $5 in 15 minutes. They have never ridden a bicycle, nor do they ever plan to again. All they're doing is taking up time and space from actual customers that support the shop. They also are incapable of following the most basic rules and have no regard for human life.

kdebello

I stopped doing anything on our bikes outside in my driveway, even if it's air in the tires. Garage door closed now. The best thing about Coronavirus is that I don't have to go near anyone. Work on a bike and everyone wants to chat. Nobody wants to help me spread mulch though.

Was taking pictures of two bikes I might put up for sale. Was out there not even 5 minutes. It's bulk pickup week in my town so all the garbage pickers are out in force. Some guy stops and starts asking a bunch of questions. What's for sale, do I fix bikes? He'll give me bikes to fix and we can sell them. Do I have parts to fix them? I kept saying no but I think I'll find him on my front porch some day and somehow we're in business together.

I threw out big prices for the bikes I had out there, he said I was crazy and then mumbled something about my garbage not being any good.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Question... what is the cv19 price for this peasant beauty?
Thinking of taking an advantage of current bike inventory situation.
20200518_093828.jpg

Deore 10spd clutch drive train with Truvativ crank
Deore hydro brakes
Mavic CrossMax wheels 26er
RS Recon Silver 27.5 fork.

I stripped the orginal paint off this Jamis and rattle canned it to pink. My kids bike but she just does not ride. Its a small.

Last edited:

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I stopped doing anything on our bikes outside in my driveway, even if it's air in the tires. Garage door closed now. The best thing about Coronavirus is that I don't have to go near anyone. Work on a bike and everyone wants to chat. Nobody wants to help me spread mulch though.

Was taking pictures of two bikes I might put up for sale. Was out there not even 5 minutes. It's bulk pickup week in my town so all the garbage pickers are out in force. Some guy stops and starts asking a bunch of questions. What's for sale, do I fix bikes? He'll give me bikes to fix and we can sell them. Do I have parts to fix them? I kept saying no but I think I'll find him on my front porch some day and somehow we're in business together.

I threw out big prices for the bikes I had out there, he said I was crazy and then mumbled something about my garbage not being any good.
What are you selling???

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
View attachment 129102

Deore hydro brakes

I striped the orginal paint off this Jamis and rattle canned it to pink. My kids bike but she just does not ride. Its a small.
only important thing there is the size - which you didn't put. ;)

THATmanMANNY

@Paul H "pennies on the doller"!
that is pretty cool. price it is a new similarly spec'd bike
Or sell to me for pennies on the dollar. I'll know someone to use it.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
@Paul H "pennies on the doller"!
that is pretty cool. price it is a new similarly spec'd bike
Or sell to me for pennies on the dollar. I'll know someone to use it.
Aren't deore equipped bikes like $1k?

I don't want to rip off a fellow mtbnj'er. But I have no qualms to take advantage of fools on FB lol

Reactions: don

TimBay

View attachment 129102

Deore hydro brakes

I stripped the orginal paint off this Jamis and rattle canned it to pink. My kids bike but she just does not ride. Its a small.
Did you see the new member on here posting 90s cannondale for 500 and 650? Lol. You can probably get that easy on FB. Maybe post that it'll go to the highest bidder and not first come first served.

kdebello

What are you selling???
Haven't decided if I'm selling mine, but took pics just in case. Jamis Dakota DXC Race, 26", size 17. Problem is there's no inventory at shops to replace it, and and the family is spending money like I'm still working full time.

Might also get rid of Katie's bike. Cannondale F-Si Womens, size Small. She's over 5'5" now and it looks way too small for her. She wants an FS bike, but she also wants to sit around and do nothing after school. Until she actually does out into the sunlight, won't be getting a bike for her.

THATmanMANNY

Aren't deore equipped bikes like $1k?

I don't want to rip off a fellow mtbnj'er. But I have no qualms to take advantage of fools on FB lol
well that's what I mean... no shame in getting most for your dollar
plus you will get offers starting 50% of your asking. FB is the new CL

during these times, Ive still come across some crazy ass deals. Came across a couple carbon Bronsons for low $1,200 and $1,600. Too slow and far tho.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Haven't decided if I'm selling mine, but took pics just in case. Jamis Dakota DXC Race, 26", size 17. Problem is there's no inventory at shops to replace it, and and the family is spending money like I'm still working full time.

Might also get rid of Katie's bike. Cannondale F-Si Womens, size Small. She's over 5'5" now and it looks way too small for her. She wants an FS bike, but she also wants to sit around and do nothing after school. Until she actually does out into the sunlight, won't be getting a bike for her.
Let me know what you do with Katie's bike, Will may be outgrowing his 24" soon...

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

Your screwed.

Years ago my wife participated in our town wide garage sale day. I brought home a bunch of used bikes for her to sell. For years to follow one guy would come leave notes on my front door asking to buy or sell various bikes.