Bike shops can still operate with closed / locked doors.

kdebello

the people that are being complained about are there to get what they want now, and probably driving good customers away. Taking up parking spots, pushing their way in, demanding work right now. And then the whole attacking the employee thing. All when the shops that are open are doing everything they can to stay open, not get sick and fix bikes for people who on a whim, decide now's a good time to pull that junker out of the shed. It'll only take $20 to get up and running.

iman29

the people that are being complained about are there to get what they want now, and probably driving good customers away. Taking up parking spots, pushing their way in, demanding work right now. And then the whole attacking the employee thing. All when the shops that are open are doing everything they can to stay open, not get sick and fix bikes for people who on a whim, decide now's a good time to pull that junker out of the shed. It'll only take $20 to get up and running.
^^^this. hearing a lot of stories like this for "privileged" customers not just at bike shops but all over. I find the bike shop stories the most entertaining so far.

The Kalmyk

^^^Very good post^^^

Last edited:

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
this whole thread is about tough times at bike shops and slow sales etc etc and you are here shit talking all you customers and playing games with them. im not understanding something, do you not care that you are coming off as a massive douche? if prospective customers were to read this they wouldn't be going to your shop first. publicly trash talking your revenue stream even if they deserve it doesn't sound productive.
I'm pretty sure Hilltop Bikes isn't paying the rent in Summit by changing a punctured tube for people who ride their Huffy three times a year.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's

jimvreeland

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
this whole thread is about tough times at bike shops and slow sales etc etc and you are here shit talking all you customers and playing games with them. im not understanding something, do you not care that you are coming off as a massive douche? if prospective customers were to read this they wouldn't be going to your shop first. publicly trash talking your revenue stream even if they deserve it doesn't sound productive.
If my prospective customers want to park sideways across the lot, talk down to me, throw a bike, demand immediate service, and not GAF if everyone they come on contact with dies, I'm not gonna even bat an eye. Bye bye Felicia.

The Kalmyk

If my prospective customers want to park sideways across the lot, talk down to me, throw a bike, demand immediate service, and not GAF if everyone they come on contact with dies, I'm not gonna even bat an eye. Bye bye Felicia.

Bingo! Cya later.

Thats the appropriate attitude imo. Fuck em

jimvreeland

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I definitely have diabetes now. So worth it!! Anyone want to run a spreadsheet of what I'm most likely to die from. Diabetes, Bleach Poisoning, Covid, hit by a car during my Commute, or some random customer taking me out over a flat tire? Crunch the numbers.

Xler8

I definitely have diabetes now. So worth it!! Anyone want to run a spreadsheet of what I'm most likely to die from. Diabetes, Bleach Poisoning, Covid, hit by a car during my Commute, or some random customer taking me out over a flat tire? Crunch the numbers.
The spreadsheet says it will be some random customer rushing to your shop with a flat tire (that just needed air) taking you out on your commute in.

serviceguy

That's a job for MSTF (MTBNJ.com Statistic Task Force, @Patrick , @Norm , @jmanic and the Florida branch @rick81721 ). Odds are not good though.