Bike shops can still operate with closed / locked doors.

jimvreeland

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
My absolute favorite is when you take the bike out of the stand after changing a flat or something (while they watch) and they say, "Did you make sure the gears and brakes work OK?"

No. Did you want me to put your bike in the Tune-up Queue?

It doesn't need a Tune-up.

If you want the gears and brakes adjusted, it's a Tune-up.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My absolute favorite is when you take the bike out of the stand after changing a flat or something (while they watch) and they say, "Did you make sure the gears and brakes work OK?"

When I bring in a box of Snickers Ice Cream bars, I bet I can get you to wash my car in the parking lot.

Ian F

Probably because they're used to taking a car in for tires and getting up-sold on all sorts of other "services" the garage makes actual money on.

roc

You will like this one:

Apparently we have time to take customer's bikes out on trail rides??
I don't get the trail ride reference.?? I must be missing something, I am almost positive if the guys at Marty's saw my rack installed improperly, they would say something to me, i would hope, anyway. No? What am I missing?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't get the trail ride reference.?? I must be missing something, I am almost positive if the guys at Marty's saw my rack installed improperly, they would say something to me, i would hope, anyway. No? What am I missing?
did you read the review in the screenshot? the guy is claiming his bike was muddy when he picked it up, but spotless clean when he dropped it off. . . .

EJphotos

Prolly because hell hath no fury like telling a BMW owner he did it wrong...