Bike shop?

T

the_double_b

Hi again!

I am searching for a local bike shop close to me. I need some stuff. Tubes, pump, tools, protection... A cheap but well equipped shop would be nice - if thats possible. Or would you recommend a internet shop?
I live actually in Hillsborough.

-geetz-
BB

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Second for Halters. This is the most well stocked (more bikes and parts then any bike shop I have been in) and knowledgeable shop in your area. They are also competitive on price too. Best shop close to you, hands down.

fasterthanliam

best local shop

bike and gear in somerset. loads of stock ,quick turn round on repairs. and only 10 minutes away on corner of amwell and demott. also open sundays, i also live in hillsborough.

bobkennelly

Second for Halters. This is the most well stocked (more bikes and parts then any bike shop I have been in) and knowledgeable shop in your area. They are also competitive on price too. Best shop close to you, hands down.

Halters, there is no other..

T

the_double_b

btw...

Is there any shop in this area which paints bikes?
Maybe I want to get a new color for my frame.
Powder coating would be nice.
How are the prices here?
In Germany they charge you for about 100+ Euro (actually 156 Bucks :D) for Sandblasting the frame to get rid of the old paint and then powder coat it.

greetz
BB

Keefe

As I see it;

I give my local shop(s) 1st crack at parts. 50% of the time it's not in stock and of the 50% of the time it is available it falls outside the 10% more I'm willing to pay over internet prices, so I end up with just sundries.

Concerning service however, my feeling is that once you roll your bike out of the shop for the 1st time is that it should NEVER see the inside of a bike shop again. Part of the definition of Mountain Biker is being able to fix it yourself. Why I'd even go far as to say it's in the unwritten unofficial Mountain Bikers pledge.

One disclaimer though, the above is intended for those on this site and not intended to include the general Mountain Biking public. They for the most part do need the local shops.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
btw...

Is there any shop in this area which paints bikes?
Maybe I want to get a new color for my frame.
Powder coating would be nice.
How are the prices here?
In Germany they charge you for about 100+ Euro (actually 156 Bucks :D) for Sandblasting the frame to get rid of the old paint and then powder coat it.

greetz
BB

Call powtek powercoating in Trenton. Ask for Fred, they do good work and can do pretty much any color or combination of colors and fading you could ever imagine.

Top Bottom