Bike recommendation for the lady.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I haven't posted in a long time, so I hope nobody has any hard feelings. I'm really excited to get back into shape/bike mood this season. Now with a year until my belt and some experience, I'm ready to teach others.

My girlfriend is really looking into riding. She's short (just at about 5 foot even) and we're having a tough time finding a hardtail that fits her perfectly. I have only been to a handful of shops that have stuff (haven't been to Halters) but can anyone point me in the right direction?

She isn't looking to buy a crap kids bike, something that will last, disc brakes, that kinda thing.

Thanks MTB!

-Pearl

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
I'd take a look at Fisher or Trek. They both have quite a few women's specific bikes that might fit her well. I would hedge a guess that she would probably fit on a 13" mtb if she's 5ft. If interested in the fishers, in the small size(13") the men's and women's are the same size, although the womens will come with a womens seat, narrower bars, smaller grips, and shorter reach brake levers. Just a thought.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
since she is a first timer, im thinking about staying below 700-800 dollars as well.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'd take a look at Fisher or Trek. They both have quite a few women's specific bikes that might fit her well. I would hedge a guess that she would probably fit on a 13" mtb if she's 5ft. If interested in the fishers, in the small size(13") the men's and women's are the same size, although the womens will come with a womens seat, narrower bars, smaller grips, and shorter reach brake levers. Just a thought.

Second that, here is one of the bikes mentioned...

marlin_gs.jpg

You can see specs here...

Marlin GS specs

-Jim.

JeffSpicoli

I'd go with the Trek 4300. You can get an '07 for around $300ish or an '08 for a few bucks more. She'll dig the variety of colors they got; my girl does!:D

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Cycle Craft in parsip. is having a ladies' night on the 16th.Take or send your GF to that.

Top Bottom