Bike n' Gear - 1695 Amwell Rd. - Somerset, NJ

C

CD1134

The guys that run this shop are terrific. They carry high-end bikes and components and they're super helpful. When some other shops in the area told me it would take a week to tune my ride ("...because we're sooo busy this time of year"), these guys told me two days - then they got it done in less than 24 hrs. I've received only the best service from Bike n' Gear - I'd highly recommend them.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Current situation?

Anybody know what's happening here? I know Gary a long time, and am aware of his situation, but we haven't spoken in a few weeks. Has the shop been open lately? Limited hours?

I'm asking because I tried calling there today, in the middle of the afternoon, and no one answered the phone. Just hoping things are still up and running.

Thanks!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah Bike N Gear rocks. I just wish they were closer.

It's only Tony there now so he takes off Wed & Thu. That's essentially his weekend. He's there Sat & Sun. Don't know how Gary is, haven't talked to him in a while.

J-Dro

I was in there over the weekend. Tony is doing his best to keep the place up and running. Gary was back in the hospital last week, hopefully he's back home now. Gary is a great guy, runs a great shop, and I think I speak for all of mtbnj when I say that we're looking forward to seeing him back on the trails soon.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Thanks very much!

I appreciate the replies, and am glad to hear the update. Makes sense that they should run the schedule that way. Thanks again!

Shaggz

A strong 7
what is wrong with gary? i have been following the well wishes and concerns about him on both boards for sometime, now.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Guys, I just came across this post. Thanks for all the support & well wishes.
Tony has been doing his best to keep my shop up & running, but yes the hours had to be reduced. It is my hope & dream that things will be back to normal by Spring.

Shaggz & to any others in the dark. I was diagnosed with Leukemia this past June. Five rounds of chemo and one stem cell transplant later & I am on my way to revovery. The cancer has been in remission, but I have had some other complications which have kept me hospitalized for the better part of 5 months.

I'm actually supposed to get out of the hospital by Monday. It will be a while before I will be able to do any group rides, but I'm looking forward to getting on my bikes again.

feel free to email me any questions personal or about the shop. Bikengear@aol.com

heythorp

Wow, thats great to hear. Glad things are moving in a possitve direction for you. Would like to hear more about the stem cell transplant if you feel like sharing.

Here is to you and a happy and healthy new year. get on that bike and ride

you must just be itching to get out of the hospital and get some real food.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tony has been doing his best to keep my shop up & running, but yes the hours had to be reduced. It is my hope & dream that things will be back to normal by Spring.

Shaggz & to any others in the dark. I was diagnosed with Leukemia this past June. Five rounds of chemo and one stem cell transplant later & I am on my way to revovery. The cancer has been in remission, but I have had some other complications which have kept me hospitalized for the better part of 5 months.

I'm actually supposed to get out of the hospital by Monday. It will be a while before I will be able to do any group rides, but I'm looking forward to getting on my bikes again.

feel free to email me any questions personal or about the shop. Bikengear@aol.com

Gary!

Great to see you posting! As you may or may not know, many of the mtbr folk have migrated to this site, myself included. Hope to see you around these parts MUCH more often. Also hope you're feeling ok and I look forward to seeing your ugly face behind the counter again soon.

Norm

lancerracer

Gary, good to here from you, every time I ride past your shop I wonder how you are doing. I hope to see you out on the trails soon.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

Good news. I hope to bump into you in the woods soon.

5 Months wow.. What have you been doing to pass the time?

It really hits home how ignorant some folks are about stem cell research when someone you know is benefiting from it. I have a friend who is contemplating traveling to South Africa to have some treatment since the restrictions that have come down while the Premiere world lord George Walker Bush has been in the control room..

I am sure that you have many nightmare to share about the state of healthcare in our counrty. Feel more than free to rant here.

Best of Luck

J_

Maurice

Gary, good to hear from you. Get well soon and let us know when you're ready to ride. I'll be there.

Cheers,

Maurice

Top Bottom