Bike for THE Noob!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Ok... I suckered... convinced a friend of mine to start cycling. Of course, I would want him to MTB but I realized this may not be his cup of tea.
I "think" he would enjoy mtb... but who knows? He has committed to buying a bike and will buy whatever I recommend. This is a heavy weight on my shoulders considering the cost of bikes these days and I am not sure which direction I should point him towards. What would you do?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lend him one of your bikes, or borrow a bike from a friend for him to see if he likes it first. I have a medium yeti sb-95 you can let try out a few times. I just have to check with my coworker that I normally lend this bike to, because I think he'll be in the US in early October. I think it's available until then though.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Lend him one of your bikes, or borrow a bike from a friend for him to see if he likes it first. I have a medium yeti sb-95 you can let try out a few times. I just have to check with my coworker that I normally lend this bike to, because I think he'll be in the US in early October. I think it's available until then though.
Dood... it would be awesome if I can borrow your the Yeti just to see which he would enjoy more. Could definitely return it back to you by Oct. Just by chance he falls in love with your Yeti.... would you sell it? If so... PM me your price. I get the feeling it may be over his budget but I guess it never hurts to ask?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I would have no problems to have him try out my bikes... but with the dude being 5'8... my L bike will prolly not work for him.
I kinda want this to go "right" and want him to stick with the sport for my own selfish reasons :oops:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's my loaner bike, but I would probably sell it since I'll never ride it. My coworker that has been borrowing it has considered buying it, and I think I told him I would offer it to him first if I sold it. I'll find out on Tuesday when he is coming, but I'm pretty sure it's not til the first week in October.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Just to you let you guys know whats at sake.... I agreed to go on a 2 day church retreat to get this guy to ride bikes with me ...
Yeah... its that serious... no joke :oops:

RobW

Just to you let you guys know whats at sake.... I agreed to go on a 2 day church retreat to get this guy to ride bikes with me ...
Yeah... its that serious... no joke :oops:
The church is what determines the seriousness scale... if it’s Baptist... ohhh lawwwd

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
The church is what determines the seriousness scale... if it’s Baptist... ohhh lawwwd
Dood... just to put this in perspective.... I was raised Catholic... and haven't stepped a foot in a church since I got married.
Presbytarian... but regardless... 2 f'n days... 2 FULL f'n days yo!
I did ask if I can bring my bike... but I didn't get an answer... wtf!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
too bad it wasn't Lutheran. that is a good time!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Dood... just to put this in perspective.... I was raised Catholic... and haven't stepped a foot in a church since I got married.
Presbytarian... but regardless... 2 f'n days... 2 FULL f'n days yo!
I did ask if I can bring my bike... but I didn't get an answer... wtf!

Remember your lessons from High school...

Vodka has no appreciable smell when properly mixed so medicate as needed to survive your “immersion”.;)

Top Bottom