Bike dilemmas.....

Ron

So I want new bike for next year to do some racing. I have talked to several shops and all have said order now for next year. But what to order.... I was a singlespeed guy for the last 10 years. Last year I picked up a Pivot Trail 429. Gears and rear suspension feels great on my body. But I love pain also. I am a climber at heart. So I do have a bike on order for 2022, but my mind is all over the map.

Option are:
Pivot LES singlespeed
Niner Air 9 RDO singlespeed
Pivot Mach 4
Santa Cruz Blur
Cannondale FSi
Cannondale Scalpel
Pivot LES geared.

I hate my brain at times. And bike shortage does not help. Putting a bike on order that I may get by April next year is just silly.

rick81721

Lothar
2c85a72c52c0244a504bdb75b8a4c2a1.gif
PS I have the SC blur and love it buy don't race

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I want new bike for next year to do some racing.

Finding the right race bike is trial and error kinda thing. Anyone of those bikes you listed is race-able.

Only you can answer the question, What Race Bike?

Do some racing this year on whatever bike you have. The more you race the more experience, which is important, it answers a lot of questions.

goldsbar

I'll never try to talk someone out of N+1, but it's not like the 429 is some enduro bike. Put some xc tires on and some light wheels and that bike won't be holding you back. But if you insist, something like the Trek Supercaliber will put you very much into the xc race end of the bike world.

Ron

Finding the right race bike is trial and error kinda thing. Anyone of those bikes you listed is race-able.

Only you can answer the question, What Race Bike?

Do some racing this year on whatever bike you have. The more you race the more experience, which is important, it answers a lot of questions.
The racing portion is not the issue, raced for about 10 years. But I have also been out of racing for about 10 years.

For next year I think I want to jump into the endurance class. I have never been a podium guy, raced sport and expert. But I do love going long distance. I am by no means a sprinter. But I love climbing hills.

thegock

The racing portion is not the issue, raced for about 10 years. But I have also been out of racing for about 10 years.

For next year I think I want to jump into the endurance class. I have never been a podium guy, raced sport and expert. But I do love going long distance. I am by no means a sprinter. But I love climbing hills.

Pinkbike had a pretty good podcast reviewing XC bikes last year.

Reactions: Ron
Top Bottom