Bike computer that doesn't suck ?

rojasj

This is actually for my road bike and not my mountain bike. Are 14 reliable years my old Trek bike computer finally stopped working. It was a simple wired computer that displayed the data that I needed especially cadanece. So far I have tried two bike computers from Cateye a Wireless Padrone and Strada Digital 2.4 Ghz both with speed and cadence sensors. Well, they both suck. The Padrone will randomly pickup the speed/cadence sensor and start working and the Strada would not even synch with the sensors. I repalced the batteries in both units and the magnets are 2mm from the sensors and even tried stronger magnets.

So are there any really reliable bike computers out there that display cadence and if so can you folks recommend any ?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cheapest Garmin or Wahoo that supports a cadence & sensor. A used Garmin 25 on eBay may be the smallest/cheapest option.

And then use the magnet-less cadence and speed sensors. I find the $15 cadence sensors from Amazon work fine.

jackx

I have been using a Cateye Padrone wireless and it's been more reliable than apps such as Strava and Endomondo.

Wife has been using a Trek Incite 9i wireless for over 10 years, and its been solid.

We do not use cadence sensors, which I now see you are interested in, so the above may be of limited help.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i like my garmin headunit now, but when i was being cheap i had the bontrager 4w (i think) on a couple of bikes, i might still have them, if you want id sell em cheap, would have to check for which sensors i have tho (at least one of them read ant+)

Top Bottom