Bike choice for Short Track

mtbiker87

So....just for the hell of it I entered my first race. Problem is, none of my bikes are the right tool for the job. I narrowed it down to my Knolly Chilcotin, or my old Soul Cycles SS specific 26" steel hardtail. The Knolly is 1 x 11 with 30t Front and 11/46 cassette. It's 160 travel, but can lower the fork to 130mm. The HT is single speed, geared 32/18, 100mm fork. Im not looking to clean house, just finish the race and have good time.

You answered the question in your last sentence. Ride whichever you have the most fun on and do just that. If I had to choose, the Knolly wins almost every time. The 26" HT wins only if a retro suffer fest fun ride sort of feeling hits me.

I’m hoping I don’t blow out the front shock on my circa 2009 rockhopper HT 9speed 26er since I know it needs service but I’m too focused on my road bikes to care. Oh and flat pedals with hiking boots cause I’m a MTB wanna be.

Don’t take it too serious and you’ll have fun that’s what I did 2 years ago (last year all races were snowed out.).

Back
Top Bottom