Bike Balloon Race on July 31 - 2 FREE slots

almost forgot -

Thank you Ambrose, for posting up the opportunity!
(Ambrose is also on the cyclist list)

See you there.

the cyclist field is split about 50/50 F/M - interesting, hoping not to get chic'd too badly.....:)

almost forgot -

Thank you Ambrose, for posting up the opportunity!
(Ambrose is also on the cyclist list)

See you there.

the cyclist field is split about 50/50 F/M - interesting, hoping not to get chic'd too badly.....:)

You've had plenty of rest - no excuses! ;)

Pat Mariani sent you a message from the Road ID app: "Ballooning to TT" Track me at: tinyurl.com/mfrx3y4

will recap tomorrow with pics -

we landed just north of fiddlers elbow rd - many ended up in PA

http://app.strava.com/activities/71276056

got to meet ambrosestafford & davidcarson48 which was a bonus. Hope they rocked it.

didn't stay for the after party with the balloonies - too tired.

great experience - i'm in next year!

Damn...you only had to ride 7 miles? I had to pedal 17 back from Martin's Creek, PA. No wonder I lost!

I was on the CX bike which was great on the PA side as the roads sucked, but then I was huffing and puffing back down 519 on the NJ side.

It was an awesome experience. I nearly bailed out when the balloon started lifting off but the pilot settled me down, thankfully. It was a really cool experience and well worth the time and donation. Talking with all the pilots afterwards and sucking back a few beers was a nice touch.

Pics from race

http://vimeo.com/71519730
http://vimeo.com/71508440

Pat and David,
Great to see you guys.

Some pictures are in a slideshow at the link above.
It was pretty cool to fly in a red, white and blue balloon called "Freedom Flyer" with the preamble to the Constitution on it. The pilot also carried a young soldier who was wounded serving in Afghanistan.

A unique event.

Attachments

• freedomflyer.JPG
    freedomflyer.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Fastest route back to NJ from Martins Creek

Damn...you only had to ride 7 miles? I had to pedal 17 back from Martin's Creek, PA. No wonder I lost!

I was on the CX bike which was great on the PA side as the roads sucked, but then I was huffing and puffing back down 519 on the NJ side.

It was an awesome experience. I nearly bailed out when the balloon started lifting off but the pilot settled me down, thankfully. It was a really cool experience and well worth the time and donation. Talking with all the pilots afterwards and sucking back a few beers was a nice touch.

Hey David,
We landed near Martins Creek too. The shortest way back to NJ is marked with a blue circle on the map in the pic attached => Railroad bridge. No longer used for trains but still maintained. Cross clinic bike shouldering skills came in handy :cool:

Attachments

• railroadbridge.JPG
    railroadbridge.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 158
I saw the train bridge. that would have been my choice too! Not sure Patty would have gone for it!

Here is a recap with a link to some pictures - some day i'll learn how to use a camera and wordpress or something that makes this stuff look good.

Last edited:
I guess I should have reconned the area before this whole shindig. Oh well, it was still a great time!

Back
Top Bottom