bike accidents up - some NJ stats in the article too.

Shaggz

A strong 7
“Last year in New Jersey 12 bikers, bicyclists, were killed in motor vehicle crashes,” said Pam Fischer, director of the state Division of Highway Traffic Safety. “So far this year — and we’re at the middle of the summer, July 15 — we have already lost 11 bicyclists.”

Fischer said that “in almost every case, the bicycle was doing something that put them at significant risk.”

BiknBen

“Last year in New Jersey 12 bikers, bicyclists, were killed in motor vehicle crashes,” said Pam Fischer, director of the state Division of Highway Traffic Safety. “So far this year — and we’re at the middle of the summer, July 15 — we have already lost 11 bicyclists.”

Fischer said that “in almost every case, the bicycle was doing something that put them at significant risk.”

As much as I'd like to blame motorists for every incident, I have to agree with this statement. I encountered three other bike commuters on my ride to work this morning. I was the only one wearing a helmet.

BTW, I waved to all while saying "Hola Amigo!" to myself. :rolleyes:

Glancing Aft

“in almost every case, the bicycle was doing something that put them at significant risk.”

Like riding a fixie without a break... or maybe it was the helmet thing as ben said. I miss bike commuting, hopefully I'll start it up again next week.

ArmyOfNone

We should sue the government. Bc of the rising gas prices the volume of riders as increased. So unfortunately to see the numbers increase is not a shock.

I wanted to kill a group of kids in a car yesterday. They thought it would be funny to see how close they could get to us. As they buzzed by us they laughed and looked back. Needless to say I managed to catch up with them and didnt have many nice things to say to them.

Sorry I didnt get the joke.:getsome:

Top Bottom