Biggest loser

Johnny Utah

Got my positive test on Monday, lol. View attachment 184174
Didn't want to get out of bed Monday, since then it has just been allergy like symptoms, which I'm used to.

My weight is stalled around the 177 mark, but I think I'm finally ready to cut back on crap food. Or in my case, just cut out the crap completely. Seems when I try to cut back, it always turns into excess. So, all or nothing. Last week I think I got a touch of food poisoning after eating out, this helped to solidify this plan.

I might cut out any strenuous exercise until I test negative for covid, and just let me body rest for a week. Then get back at it full force.
Feel better!

JDurk

E2M program Round 2, Week 8, Day 6

Final week of Round 2.
Diet
Stuck to the meal plan and hydration 100% for the week. However, it was what I will call a hungry week. Between meals I was drinking more black coffee or tea, chewing sugarless gum or guzzling water. Introduced a few simple carbs in the form of fruit or brown rice with some early meals on Wed and Thurs because I planned to do a race effort ride on Thursday evening. Today's celebration meal will be going out this afternoon for a big burger, FF and beer before going to a friends gathering for his birthday.

Exercise
Circuits, spin bike for cardio, windy lunch break walks and another Thurs night of Belmont #notarace. Heading to WC/MR with some of the race team dudes on Sunday.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235.4
4/30/22 Current weight = 182.4
Diff: weekly down 3.4, total lost = 53
This is truly an amazing fitness program. Wasn't feeling all that confident. Since Wed, felt like I was always hungry and after eating a little bloated. Ate a little outside the eating window and volume of food was higher on Thursday with the Belmont race. Was shocked when I stepped on the scale this morning.

Tale of the tape
53 y/o, 5'8"
Weight loss 8wk Round 1 = 31.6lbs
Weight loss 8wk Round 2 = 21.4lbs
Chest: 47" to 40"
Waist: 43" to 37.5"
Hips: 45.5" to 39"
Total inches lost: 23"
Garmin Connect stats (estimates obviously)
Fitness age: 29 y/o
BMI: 36.9 to 28.6
avg RHR: 59bpm to 46bpm

For my wife, 27lbs and 20.5" lost. Both of us are planning to move into maintenance mode and adding a little muscle now that we've dropped so much.

Adding pics for visual results
E2M program Round 3, Week 1, Day 6

Diet
Contacted the plan coaches asking about maintenance to slow or stop the weight loss. Was instructed to introduce healthy carbs to early meals and more protein to the last meal. Did exactly that and it worked, sort of. Other than that, sticking to the meal plan.

Exercise
No change, circuits and spin bike sessions during the week. Belmont #notarace on Thurs. The weather sucks for the weekend. 3 weeks out from TSE, so will be tapering a little in the next 2 weeks and get enough rest.

Weight
4/30/22 Current weight = 180.6
Diff: weekly down 1.8, total lost = 54.8
Was looking to slow it down and it did, but still lost. Need to add some strength training to put on some muscle and tighten up the flabby skin.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring

Diet
Contacted the plan coaches asking about maintenance to slow or stop the weight loss. Was instructed to introduce healthy carbs to early meals and more protein to the last meal. Did exactly that and it worked, sort of. Other than that, sticking to the meal plan.

Exercise
No change, circuits and spin bike sessions during the week. Belmont #notarace on Thurs. The weather sucks for the weekend. 3 weeks out from TSE, so will be tapering a little in the next 2 weeks and get enough rest.

Weight
Was looking to slow it down and it did, but still lost. Need to add some strength training to put on some muscle and tighten up the flabby skin.
Damn that is a lot. Good for you!

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Current situation
945A1C28-39DE-4DCA-8F9E-6BEFB6CEB402.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
weight has been steady - been having wine or beer with dinner, and i think that is keeping me from losing, although...

I feel thinner, and stronger. After feeling like crap (pun) for a week, i've been more on my feet.
Lots of ladder work, and carrying stuff. Plus a couple days of building at 6MR.
No cardio during that time. Looking forward to warm weather!

Maybe some progress by next Saturday (week 18??)

one piece crank

I bottomed-out at -16lbs, picked up a few lbs at Easter, and just worked my way back. Hard to believe it's been 19 weeks - 5:30am treadmill every day, no beer, and BMX at lunch (weather permitting). Like Patrick, I definitely feel stronger and thinner, plus increased flexibility. That last one should help when I hit the skate park this Summer!

xc62701

Being down 40+ lbs, my energy and mood has gone up exponentially. My fitness has gone up significantly, my back pain is all but gone, and my strength is improving. It’s a win all around. My body seems to be liking my current weight. 162.6 this morning. That’s after a good triple IPA and some solid chipotle last night. Keeping the diet clean and disciplined is a win. I just realized that I haven’t had soda in 9+ months and I don’t see a need to ever have it again. That’s huge for me too.

Over the Bars

Being down 40+ lbs, my energy and mood has gone up exponentially. My fitness has gone up significantly, my back pain is all but gone, and my strength is improving. It’s a win all around. My body seems to be liking my current weight. 162.6 this morning. That’s after a good triple IPA and some solid chipotle last night. Keeping the diet clean and disciplined is a win. I just realized that I haven’t had soda in 9+ months and I don’t see a need to ever have it again. That’s huge for me too.
Great job. Have you Increased your calories towards a maintenance stage at this post or are you still in that big defict?

JDurk

Diet

Exercise

Weight
E2M program Round 3, Week 2, Day 6

Diet
After adding some healthy carbs, brown rice or 1/2 sweet potato to early meals and losing last week, decided to add some fruit with each meal. My energy was up. Basically seeing what happens with the additions coming into TSEpic. Going out for the cheat meal this afternoon to a local, Mexican spot.

Exercise
Stuck to plan circuits and spin bike sessions. Only 1 lunch walk as the weather has sucked and I was doing the Ride Wrap installation on the Pivot. Did make it to Belmont #notarace on Thurs. Was informed afterward that I was "1st place" SSer this week. Have been able to hang with many riders, and pass many others, that I rarely see during the 3 laps. PR'd the climb up Parachute Hill. Going to keep it easy for the coming week while prepping for TSE.

Weight
4/30/22 Current weight = 181.8
Diff: weekly up 1.2, total lost = 53.6
Not surprised with the small increase in weight. It was an experiment week for me. Now I know, only 1 healthy carb per meal. The strength training will start in about 3 weeks.

JDurk

Broke 45lbs (45.7 actually) of loss today right at the 4.5 month mark . It's been slow going with the scale movement but progress pictures are showing lots of recomposition still occurring. Just a few lbs ahead of my initial goal to lose 10-15 lbs by end of May 🤣 😂
Nice job. Same for me with the initial goal. Mine was 20 by beginning of March. Blew through that and moved the goal post.

Over the Bars

Really burnt out and exhausted I'm going to try something new and up my calories for today to 2500 or 2700 and use it as a re feed day. Than go back to my normal 1800 to 1850 for the the rest of the week if this helps with my Hunger and energy this may be a weekly thing. Already enjoying stuffing face with the extra calories today. Lots of yard work to do and lifting later so this should be around a maintenance calorie for the day especially if I go on the low end with 2500.

Over the Bars

The re feed day was a success I finished the day at 2560 calories. This should be right around what my maintenance should be and it was by far the highest calories I've eaten in 4.5 months. Even the days I had my very few cheat meals I compensated the rest of the day to make up for them and still be In a nice deficit. Don't know about making this a regular s scheduled thing but it will deffintly be something I make a game day call on if energy is just seriously lacking and hunger is out of control. The extra 760 calories was nice to have today!

xc62701

This weekend was a planned increase in weight. Saturday was the 12 Hours of Port Jervis race so I wanted to go into this fueled up. I had some extra calories leading into this. I was 162.6 the Friday before the race and this morning 166.4. I indulged all weekend. Big dinner Friday with dessert, race food(7 hours of liquid race mix/2 PB sandwiches) and PIZZA, and everything I wanted yesterday. I'll be back to my usual diet today, but it was a well earned cheat weekend after almost 12 hours of racing my bicycle.

one piece crank

Really burnt out and exhausted I'm going to try something new and up my calories for today to 2500 or 2700 and use it as a re feed day..
We inadvertently did something similar this past weekend. Hit the Michener Museum in Doylestown, hit the Noodle Shop afterward, walked around and brought Empanada Mama takeout home for dinner! Win, win win!

Unrelated, but this week starts my cauliflower-rice-lunch week (I've got a good recipie that tastes just like sauerkraut 👍). I'm shooting for a 10lb drop as I add the fat bike back into weekly riding, which will put me at 10% total loss and my new maintenance weight.

Over the Bars

We inadvertently did something similar this past weekend. Hit the Michener Museum in Doylestown, hit the Noodle Shop afterward, walked around and brought Empanada Mama takeout home for dinner! Win, win win!

Unrelated, but this week starts my cauliflower-rice-lunch week (I've got a good recipie that tastes just like sauerkraut 👍). I'm shooting for a 10lb drop as I add the fat bike back into weekly riding, which will put me at 10% total loss and my new maintenance weight.
Nice 👍 , post up that cauliflower rice recipe too I keep hearing about this stuff but never tried and we eat a ton of cauliflower.

Top Bottom