Biggest crash in stock market history?

The Kalmyk

Only 10 million filed for unemployment in the last two weeks. Just wait.

And they will be eager to earn and produce. Investors will be looking for larger returns, forcing CEO’s to perform. Not this passive indexing game they’ve leaned on for decades.

Last edited:

TimBay

And they will be eager to earn and produce. Investors will be looking for larger returns, forcing CEO’s to perform. Not this passive indexing game they’ve leaned on for decades.
Our CEO announced he's going to forego his paycheck until things turn around. They got rid of our merit raises, which supposedly saved 71 jobs and are giving us company stock equal value to what are raises would have been, which will hopefully be worth more when they vest in 1 year. We shall see what happens.

now, I'm trying to figure out at what point should I call Merrill Lynch to try and shift things in my 401k for the rebound. Today? Next week?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Not a single global recession since WW2 has lasted more than 2 years. Our ability to communicate has drastically changed.

The two investments ive made in the last three days were all private.
Sure, but check the scope of them. Look at what is lost in them. Double the jobless claims over last month. We now pay 4x or more our salary on average for a home not including interest. In 1950 you paid approx 1 year salary for your home. At some point the inflation bubble will burst and the piece of shit Jerome Powell will finally lose at his own, sick scam.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Our CEO announced he's going to forego his paycheck until things turn around. They got rid of our merit raises, which supposedly saved 71 jobs and are giving us company stock equal value to what are raises would have been, which will hopefully be worth more when they vest in 1 year. We shall see what happens.

now, I'm trying to figure out at what point should I call Merrill Lynch to try and shift things in my 401k for the rebound. Today? Next week?

Wife's CEO said he'd take a 10% cut on his $14 million salary. And gave employees 80 additional PTO hours if they test positive.

rick81721

Lothar
Sure, but check the scope of them. Look at what is lost in them. Double the jobless claims over last month. We now pay 4x or more our salary

And this surprise anyone when the entire planet shuts down for a month? As soon as this lets up, there will be alot of pent up demand to spend

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
And this surprise anyone when the entire planet shuts down for a month? As soon as this lets up, there will be alot of pent up demand to spend

There will also be a lot of businesses that go under permanently if the gov't funding doesn't come through quickly.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My CEO and some level 1 leaders took 10-15% cut. Still fired every temp/contingent worked, and hour cuts for production. I may be furloughed as soon as Monday, or on a week on week off schedule. Dental is struggling. Buy dental stock, lol.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
You aren’t wrong and I mentioned earlier this week I thought we would trade sideways all week. S&P seemed to bounce off resistance at 2533 today. If it doesn’t break through soon we will retest last weeks lows. Tesla beat on earnings. Let’s see if their rally helps markets in the am.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm so jealous of everyone that is getting furloughed. I wish I could be furloughed for four months and live off the gubmint.

And at this timing! Weather is going to be so nice soon. Heck it's already nice.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
And that means what? The financial markets/economies will never recover?
Not sure what it means, maybe that less money will be spent like you predict? I recall taking hone about 65% the one week I was on unemployment. Do you know when this will be over? When will we go back to work? What overleveraged banks/hedge funds will fail? Truthfully I think banks will lose liquidity by not lending to each other. The $2T will reinflate the markets for some time.I am not convinced we can inflate forever...are you? As of today I am short bonds via TLT puts and TBT shares. Short XLU(a close above the 9ema will have me reconsider. My company is working but the owner(his father started this billion dollar company in 1941) is worried if he has to shut down. He seems to think $40 will be here soon and then it will collapse. Hoo nose.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I'm so jealous of everyone that is getting furloughed. I wish I could be furloughed for four months and live off the gubmint.
I’m jealous, working 51 hours a week still and tires as shit. Not sitting for fear of virus and doing triple the work for the same return is getting to me. I need my coronacation soon.

Top Bottom