Biggest crash in stock market history?

I'm wayyy more interested in Peloton tanking tbh. They're in trouble.

they have a thriving subscription service - no doubt they'll buy zwift or IFit at some point, and integrate that.

bikes are nice - but selling the razor blades is where it is at.

i asked my wife if SXM would buy netflix. She laughed. i wasn't kidding.
always thought a telco should buy sxm as another link, even if one way. Nobody said networking needs to be symetric.

Netflix is already dabbling in gaming on their android app. IMO Netflix doesn’t need to sell out.

Noooo I hope Zwift holds out. I don’t need to see people boasting about their shout out for self approval.

They can just raise the price - and no doubt they'll be looking to buy another company like spotify (they are connected at the hip right now,)

subscriber growth seems to have topped for now.

will they be able to deliver their own content (or contracted long term) vs losing content to
others creating their own streaming service?

Do they become a buyout target for sony?
Can they expand into video games?

TBD!
Didn't Netflix announce a price hike last week? Every time it goes up my wife threatens to quit. She can't be alone.

I’m just thinking of all the gains I would have missed out on if I followed the original crash prediction and pulled my money out and put it in cash.

March 17, 2020 Dow: 21,237
Today: 34,715

63%!
Not going to lie, I bought 1000 PLTR in my IRA today and will add to my TSLA below $900. I have been short for a while now, nibbled some longs via Feb spy and QQQ calls, vix puts...will add more if we dip this week. All bets off if spy break 426. I will add til 426 and gtfo out if we break below

Not going to lie, I bought 1000 PLTR in my IRA today and will add to my TSLA below $900. I have been short for a while now, nibbled some longs via Feb spy and QQQ calls, vix puts...will add more if we dip this week. All bets off if spy break 426. I will add til 426 and gtfo out if we break below
I do think it will bust… for the short term. but look at the durations of busts… they don’t last forever.

Dow at 27,069 when it sinks?

I can see SPY easily falling to 405, possibly well into the 390s. No way I'd be long right now not knowing where the bottom will be.

Ya know I respect DT because he sets his limits and sticks with it. At least that’s what he says. I wish I had that strength but instead I just HODL because I’ve learned many times over the last 10+ years is that if held at least one of us could retire. No lie but I’ve probably missed my good chances because I had weak hands. You have to play your strengths and learn your lessons. Oh well, carry on!

I do think it will bust… for the short term. but look at the durations of busts… they don’t last forever.

Dow at 27,069 when it sinks?
Not sure, I see 426 spy this week possibly but that's not the end of the correction. I am a bull for the next 2-3 weeks but that's it.

Ya know I respect DT because he sets his limits and sticks with it. At least that’s what he says. I wish I had that strength but instead I just HODL because I’ve learned many times over the last 10+ years is that if held at least one of us could retire. No lie but I’ve probably missed my good chances because I had weak hands. You have to play your strengths and learn your lessons. Oh well, carry on!
I set stops because I trade naked options. No holding with something that goes to zero in a week or month. I kick myself. I bought a 1/22 TSLA $950 put yesterday for $210. I sold it an hour later for $325...it actually hit $1250 an closed over $500

they have a thriving subscription service - no doubt they'll buy zwift or IFit at some point, and integrate that.
The problem with Peloton is they probably will have minimal growth if any. A global pandemic only comes along once and there's going to be a significant # of those bikes on the used market. They had to stop production because they basically can't sell the bikes or treadmills right now.

If they are making a good profit on the monthly subscriptions, and not selling much equipment but keeping new subscribers above the subscribers leaving, there's profit but little growth.

I'm willing to bet we'll see a plethora of those bikes on Facebook Marketplace as people move and decide to stop using them as clothes hangers.

Back
Top Bottom