Biggest crash in stock market history?

Here's a question if the market really eats shit does your investments even matter? I feel like we'll all be filling out pod-810s

Here's a question if the market really eats shit does your investments even matter? I feel like we'll all be filling out pod-810s
Not sure. I took 65% of my savings account out in cash. I did my taxes and got my return. The market “looks” strong right now(I believe it isn’t). The banks are collapsing. Berkshire Hathaway is withering away. I have a small bullish position in CLX, AGNC, SLV and OKTA. The rest of my portfolio is short. Not much cash at the moment.

Still short here. I’m thinking the next leg down is gonna start next week...maybe 20-22. I think the greatest investor of them all will be the telltale of the markets. Berkshire reports on the 20th and so far he has a huge pile of cash and no value to spend it on.

Not sure. I took 65% of my savings account out in cash. I did my taxes and got my return. The market “looks” strong right now(I believe it isn’t). The banks are collapsing. Berkshire Hathaway is withering away. I have a small bullish position in CLX, AGNC, SLV and OKTA. The rest of my portfolio is short. Not much cash at the moment.

Man I think you just make this crap up as a prank. Amazon collapsing, banks collapsing, B-H withering away??

Man I think you just make this crap up as a prank. Amazon collapsing, banks collapsing, B-H withering away??
Do you look at an moving averages? Tell me GS, BRK.B, MS, JPM look like good buys here. I use the 9ema and 26ema and it’s my go to for buy sell. I sell or short when the 9 crosses the 26 going down and I buy when the 9 crosses the 26 going up. Pretty simple. I guess wednesday will tell the tale.

Do you look at an moving averages? Tell me GS, BRK.B, MS, JPM look like good buys here. I use the 9ema and 26ema and it’s my go to for buy sell. I sell or short when the 9 crosses the 26 going down and I buy when the 9 crosses the 26 going up. Pretty simple. I guess wednesday will tell the tale.

To be honest I don't look at anything other than the dow maybe once a day. I have no idea what these crossed this and that means.. All our investments are in mixed funds - when we had a call with our financial planner last month I was actually shocked how little they went down.

Reactions: mtn
I'm in the Rick boat - i'll take the market return over the long haul.
We are still putting money in, so cost averaging at work.
Even sideways, there are still dividends and bond yields at work.

With covid, i heard the cost of selling my whole life policy is up!
given how much weight i've gained, they should make me a deal!
(wtf was i thinking when i purchased a whole life policy? sounded good at the time i guess)

Since lock down has started we've been able to save a shit ton what is everyone doing with it? Right now we're acting like one of us has lost their job already but maybe I can yolo it on Amazon puts lol

Well, I feel like the big rug pull is close by but a few weeks back I put my alternative view on facebook. The more I see what’s happening, the more I see this scenario playing out. However, we did bounce off resistance this morning despite limit up premarket. So...

From my FB on may 9th

Believe what you want. My theory is that the politicians have blown Covid-19 WAY WAY WAY out of proportion(yes, it's still bad stuff). We had a stock market that was essentially running on it's last legs...an inevitable collapse of some sort. This virus was the perfect scenario to make the market prematurely tumble so these politicians that give zero fucks about normal people can deploy the emergency funds. You know what the emergency funds do? It's like giving Narcan to a heroin addict.I see the market rallying until Election Day so Jerome Powell and the other crooked Central Bankers can get Trump elected again. I'd put money on it that Hillary, Bernie, Biden, Obama etc all eat at the same table...

Well, I feel like the big rug pull is close by but a few weeks back I put my alternative view on facebook. The more I see what’s happening, the more I see this scenario playing out. However, we did bounce off resistance this morning despite limit up premarket. So...

From my FB on may 9th

Believe what you want. My theory is that the politicians have blown Covid-19 WAY WAY WAY out of proportion(yes, it's still bad stuff). We had a stock market that was essentially running on it's last legs...an inevitable collapse of some sort. This virus was the perfect scenario to make the market prematurely tumble so these politicians that give zero fucks about normal people can deploy the emergency funds. You know what the emergency funds do? It's like giving Narcan to a heroin addict.I see the market rallying until Election Day so Jerome Powell and the other crooked Central Bankers can get Trump elected again. I'd put money on it that Hillary, Bernie, Biden, Obama etc all eat at the same table...

So cliff notes version - doomsday is now postponed until after the election? Yay!

From my FB on may 9th

What did you spend you trump bucks on?

From my FB on may 9th

Who cares about the market in all seriousness, the economy has never really bounced back for most employees.

I'm exiting this thread this frustrates me

And I don't mean Dave frustrates me I mean how the gov is handling this

Last edited:
Who cares about the market in all seriousness, the economy has never really bounced back for most employees.

I'm exiting this thread this frustrates me

And I don't mean Dave frustrates me I mean how the gov is handling this
Jerome Powell is a crook. How long does the fed fake out reality is the question. Do you people honestly think the economy is healthy?

Can I just Venmo you a hundred bucks and you make me rich? This stuff is like one of Patrick's maths posts.

Can I just Venmo you a hundred bucks and you make me rich? This stuff is like one of Patrick's maths posts.

i am a big fan of trailing averages and support. just don’t subside to that method of investing!

i can model a sink drain using imaginary numbers ?

Negative. I am only a technical trader. I don’t look at fundamentals. Just remember, the economy is great, that’s why we need dual stimulus checks, the PPP and every tool in the fed’s book to keep America great.

I will leave you with this... https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...l-small-business-program-jewelry-rolls-royce/
Ugh. Not the least bit surprising. What's interesting to me is, based on the article, all he had to do was keep the PPP in a separate account to make payroll and pay for business expenses, then he could've kept all the profit from the business and bought the same crap. Everything is fucked and I can't think of a single sensible solution to save the dying middle class. Oh well.

Ugh. Not the least bit surprising. What's interesting to me is, based on the article, all he had to do was keep the PPP in a separate account to make payroll and pay for business expenses, then he could've kept all the profit from the business and bought the same crap. Everything is fucked and I can't think of a single sensible solution to save the dying middle class. Oh well.
Looking back the middle class started dying in 1971 when the dollar detached from gold. Corporate profits started way outpasi g compensation and the little guys got F’d

Back
Top Bottom