Biggest crash in stock market history?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
S&p next stop 2435, if that doesn’t hold then 2175 and then we pray to the lord that this area holds because 1430 looks like you are at the top of king da ka and that’s an exillerating yet scary rollercoaster ride none of us want to go on.

pkovo

Well yesterday was something. Futures pointing to another up day with the S&P going up to and beyond 2700. Kind of seems crazy given the circumstances.

rick81721

Lothar
Sure, some positives, but I don't think enough to warrant a swing like that. These swings, both ways, are just so extreme. It feels 'fake" to me.

yeah the market over reacts to everything. so makes sense that a "fake" plummet would be followed by "fake" gains

RobW

Our CEO announced he's going to forego his paycheck until things turn around. They got rid of our merit raises, which supposedly saved 71 jobs and are giving us company stock equal value to what are raises would have been, which will hopefully be worth more when they vest in 1 year. We shall see what happens.

now, I'm trying to figure out at what point should I call Merrill Lynch to try and shift things in my 401k for the rebound. Today? Next week?
i know a ML advisor if you need the connect.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I loaded up the truck with iwm puts this morning. Also a very big disney short position. I am currently 178% invested short. Today the russell bounced off resistance from march 2008. Check it out on a chart set to logarithmic

The Kalmyk

I loaded up the truck with iwm puts this morning. Also a very big disney short position. I am currently 178% invested short. Today the russell bounced off resistance from march 2008. Check it out on a chart set to logarithmic
Let us know if you are plus or minus after this whole thing. You’ve got guts and must have a lot of play money.

Reactions: w_b

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Let us know if you are plus or minus after this whole thing. You’ve got guts and must have a lot of play money.

Said he's doing this with 401k or retirement money. So I'm curious too compared to those who just ride it out. I mean we all know it will come back up eventually, but I'd like to live long enough to see it happen.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Said he's doing this with 401k or retirement money. So I'm curious too compared to those who just ride it out. I mean we all know it will come back up eventually, but I'd like to live long enough to see it happen.
I have been trading in and out of AGNC with my rollover 401k. On my shorts in my trade account I still set stops like if I were going long but usually much tighter. Puts and calls I watch and trade manually.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
This thread went quiet - predictions of economic doom greatly exaggerated - again??

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/g...ew-on-stocks-says-the-bottom-is-in-2020-04-13

"If" is a concern with Trump trying to re-open the economy at the end of the month. lot's of small businesses will not be re-opening.

“If the U.S. does not experience a second surge in infections after the economy reopens, the ‘do whatever it takes’ stance of policy makers means the equity market is unlikely to make new lows,” said Kostin.

rick81721

Lothar
"If" is a concern with Trump trying to re-open the economy at the end of the month. lot's of small businesses will not be re-opening.

“If the U.S. does not experience a second surge in infections after the economy reopens, the ‘do whatever it takes’ stance of policy makers means the equity market is unlikely to make new lows,” said Kostin.

Does anyone seriously think we are just going to flick a switch on May 1 and say, "it's all over, everything go back to normal"? It will be a phased re-opening, just like everywhere else. FYI three countries are starting this week - Austria, Denmark and Chech Republic. Norway will start next week.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

did you see the employee retention incentive program?
i was filing my 941 today, and it is placed in as a cover sheet. Hopefully that helps.

I saw there was some staging as to what will open first -
If they gave you the green light to open the door, what is your plan? (no need to answer, you mentioned how careful you are being right now,
just have a plan!)

Hopefully other programs for avoiding bankruptcy are put in place.

Top Bottom