Biggest crash in stock market history?

ekuhn

So after yesterday's YUGE bump in META, what are your strageties when something big hits? Hold it? Sell off just enough to play with house money?

Same goes for bags of shit that you're holding. Do you hope it comes back, do you dump it and take the L?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So after yesterday's YUGE bump in META, what are your strageties when something big hits? Hold it? Sell off just enough to play with house money?

Same goes for bags of shit that you're holding. Do you hope it comes back, do you dump it and take the L?
You can have a trailing stop with what you’re willing to lose on it or keep it forever. If you had TSLA in this situation you would have lost 75% at one point.(dumb in my opinion). You would still be down over 50%. If tou have a trailing stop 25% behind you can lock in profits incrementally and or reinvest i. Something with a better outlook. I do like tesla here however.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Tax optimization.
it aint coming back - except cruise line stocks. they'll be back.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

If I have a loss to offset the gain, I might take some of the gains. But since I hate paying the taxes on the gains I usually hold on and regret it months later.

I have learned to bite the bullet and take losses when I picked a loser so at least I can put what's left to work again.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Tax optimization.
it aint coming back - except cruise line stocks. they'll be back.
It depends. The dollar is rallying now. With stocks going to ATH and this happening wouldn’t this signal that inflation is coming down? I’ll assume if the dollar keeps going up eventually markets will price that in with a crash.

The Kalmyk

Let’s get down to the bone. How much money has Dave Taylor made on the stock market to this point. Im thinking two commas based on how he is messaging but I believe its much less😂😂😂

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Let’s get down to the bone. How much money has Dave Taylor made on the stock market to this point. Im thinking two commas based on how he is messaging but I believe its much less😂😂😂
I have an IRA that I add too, That’s a steady add weekly. Basically just a couple indices ETFs and BSM for the dividend. I trade options here and there. I like to learn. I don’t want to live the slow and steady life if I don’t have to. I blew up accounts trying. I don’t give you financial advice. I’ve stuck to trading futures for the last 11 months and that’s what I want to do. I’ve been using a larger account with smaller positions and stop losses. I’ve had a few small losses, a few small gains and a couple big ones. See attached pics for about 1hr 20 in the market yesterday. This doesn’t always happen but it does happen here and there.I have one stock position currently(TSLA) and I just bought in a week ago. All I plan to have as individual stocks and I will sell covered calls on that and try to make them free shares. IMG_5033.jpegIMG_5032.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It depends. The dollar is rallying now. With stocks going to ATH and this happening wouldn’t this signal that inflation is coming down? I’ll assume if the dollar keeps going up eventually markets will price that in with a crash.

a dog is a dog.
WEWKQ

besides, if you believe in it, buy it when it starts coming back.

Top Bottom