Big Chill 2008

THATmanMANNY

Entry fee is a new gift for a child age of 3-14.

http://bigchill.rutgers.edu/Welcome.html

This is a charity 5k on Sat 12/13/08 @ Rutgers - New Brunswick @ 9am.
Yea yea yea this isn't a bike race but this is truly a great event I do every year and I must share. Come out and make some kid happy on x-mas. Feel the vibe of 3,500+ people, post event food, & have a great time. Bring a friend or too or your fam. Walk or run.

Peace
Manny

BTW online reg closed last week. You can reg friday afternoon/evening or before the event on sat.

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
don't you mean 12/13/08?

my wife is running this year with a friend. i might be there with my boy, but only if the weather is good.

fasterthanliam

Entry fee is a new gift for a child age of 3-14.

http://bigchill.rutgers.edu/Welcome.html

This is a charity 5k on Sat 12/13/08 @ Rutgers - New Brunswick @ 9am.
Yea yea yea this isn't a bike race but this is truly a great event I do every year and I must share. Come out and make some kid happy on x-mas. Feel the vibe of 3,500+ people, post event food, & have a great time. Bring a friend or too or your fam. Walk or run.

Peace
Manny

BTW online reg closed last week. You can reg friday afternoon/evening or before the event on sat.
Thanks Manny for the wonderful words. My wife is one of the race coordinators and this is a great race. Everyone should get out there and do it. It all goes to a very charitable cause. If nothing else it will put you in the holiday spirit.

How about we see who is the fastest mtbnj runner?? What kind of time are you looking for?

THATmanMANNY

awesome

well thank her for her hard work :)
It really is spectacular to see the gynasium filled with toys

No goal time. Gf and I do it every year together. I'll be running as fast as she is running... awwww how cute :puke:
She is quick tho and I've lost my running swagga this year. :eek:

rlb

My GF and I are signed up on her cousin's team (he works at RU). We'll be walking it though. I was thinking about a post ride at the eco preserve but we wont be able to. And I wouldn't be too interested in parking the car w/ bikes on top of it for a few hours...

Mare

My wife is one of the race coordinators and this is a great race.

Who is your wife? Well, maybe you don't want to post it here, but I am asking because I work for RU and my offices oversees Recreation, who hosts this event. I probably know her.

fasterthanliam

Who is your wife? Well, maybe you don't want to post it here, but I am asking because I work for RU and my offices oversees Recreation, who hosts this event. I probably know her.

Mare, my wife is Anne. She knows you as well . Are you running tomorrow?

Mare

OOOHHH!!! I had no idea! I used to go and chat with Anne when she worked at the Easton Ave gym. Tell her I said hi!! Oh heck - I will just contact her and say hi myself!

No, I am not running. I want to take my bike out, unless of course it is super wet.

THATmanMANNY

good race

The 5k was fun. My gf placed F18-24: 32/237. That's pretty good. It was her best 5k finish but I think she coulda turned in better results because it wasn't like a puking finish and we started slow. We said we would just take a chill run and enjoy it, but my competitive nature took over when we were caught up in the traffic of the biggest 5K in NJ (its annoying to run under normal pace) and I said okay "let's start running for real" and so we did and starte to swerve through the masses. She took lead and I drafted off her :rofl:

Next year I'm buying a tricycle as the gift entry fee :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom