Bicycle Repair Stand Worth It? Regrets? Appreciation?

Cassinonorth

Maybe, but I bet his bike stand still didn’t move…
Not an inch. Happy to report the stand is back to it's rightful place and cleaner than before. Water is gone.

PXL_20210904_030342724.jpg

kjarrett

Feedback is well worth the expense. Folds up nice when not in use and is easiest to work with. The clamp is mostly the reason why I went to a Feedback from a Park Tools stand.
EXACTLY the comment I was about to post. Got my Feedback Pro Elite a while back at Reser Bicycle for $289.99 shipped and it came with the tote bag (not that I think I'll ever need it): https://www.reserbicycle.com/product/feedback-sports-pro-elite-repair-stand-w-tote-bag-195986-1.htm

So, so, sooooooo much better than the Park PCS 9.2 I had (still have it as a backup).

-kj-

Karate Monkey

Unless I'm clamping an aero seatpost, the 100-3C clamp is far, far superior to the

100-3C_001.jpg

100-3D microadjust clamp

100-3D_010.jpg
EVT's Right Arm puts both to absolute shame.

I guess the original is okay if you aren't working in a production environment, or are only ever working on bikes with the same seatpost diameter/extension (so...building the same bike over+over).

Karate Monkey

Unnecessary sarcasm, in fact it repays itself with the first 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bikes you build on it (assuming they're all dentist++ level builds that is).

Honestly? It pays for itself in the first week of use. You don't need to mark, extend, and reinsert 95% of seatposts.

serviceguy

Honestly? It pays for itself in the first week of use. You don't need to mark, extend, and reinsert 95% of seatposts.
Honestly, I don't mark, extend nor reinsert any of my seatposts;)...if I had to, I would measure, make a note and proceed. And I'm not sure having the same clamping force on a smaller area of the seatpost is that beneficial.

It takes me exactly 10 seconds to tighten the clamp on my crappy bikehand stand, which is exactly the time it takes me to yawn on a good day (it takes me 15 if I'm tired), how may bike does the average pro has to clamp in a day to actually amount to a tangible saving?

It's not just the ridiculous price for the clamp, but the uber ridicolous price for a bracket to hang it on the wall...the t-shirts are cheap though. I guess there's a market for anything.

Karate Monkey

Honestly, I don't mark, extend nor reinsert any of my seatposts;)...if I had to, I would measure, make a note and proceed. And I'm not sure having the same clamping force on a smaller area of the seatpost is that beneficial.

It takes me exactly 10 seconds to tighten the clamp on my crappy bikehand stand, which is exactly the time it takes me to yawn on a good day (it takes me 15 if I'm tired), how may bike does the average pro has to clamp in a day to actually amount to a tangible saving?

It's not just the ridiculous price for the clamp, but the uber ridicolous price for a bracket to hang it on the wall...the t-shirts are cheap though. I guess there's a market for anything.

...I guess I should point out that their target market is shops?

Doesn't stop people from gushing over a $200 hanger alignment tool from Abbey.

You should count yourself lucky that you've never had to deal with a person who is grilling [the shop] over how their saddle got returned 1mm too high or too low.

serviceguy

You should count yourself lucky that you've never had to deal with a person who is grilling [the shop] over how their saddle got returned 1mm too high or too low.
Yes, but sometimes a curse myself for fixing the bike to my own standards....LOL at fixing AND standars!

Top Bottom