Bicycle Repair Stand Worth It? Regrets? Appreciation?

krink

Eddie Munster
Feedback here also.

I just hang my bike(s) on the stand by the saddle, almost never clamp it in. I mean maybe 1x per year so to me the Inspector Gadget clamp is not worth it.
Yup Feedback Pro-Elite here too.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
right, its driving me nuts just seeing the picture of that mess!
👆🏻This.
fox 36.jpeg

Last edited:

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I see the one at REI is a tripod stand

That’s the one I recently got. I tinker with my bikes much more now that I have the stand. It’s definitely better than having to bend over the whole time with the bike on the floor. I used to hang the bike up on a hook to do repairs but found it annoying with all the swinging around every time I tried to torque something.

One caveat about the Sports Mechanic stand is that you have to tighten the head really tight or the front wheel drops. It’s not too bad with a lightish trail bike but it doesn’t hold my 45 lbs DH bike. Kinda sucks since the specs claim it holds up to 65 lbs.

mtn

I am down with the feedback sports ones. The only thing I would have changed is to spring for the pro head with the pop lock. I have the twist lock one and it is a bit cumbersome.

View attachment 166124
Mine is a bit finicky. Everything inside is mechanically sound, but the ratchets just don’t seem to catch sometimes.

ebarker9

I may try to do something along these lines at some point:

Seems to make sense in terms of floor space. You also would have better access to both sides of the bike without the stand column in the way.

Cassinonorth

Seems to make sense in terms of floor space. You also would have better access to both sides of the bike without the stand column in the way.

BKXC did something similar as well.

one piece crank

BKXC did something similar as well.

Yeah, and that's going straight back to the hanging hooks I use - ultimate versatility. At 6'4" I also don't like anything hanging that doesn't fully retract.

Top Bottom