Beyond the Sign?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've seen it referenced a few times now but I was wondering if the trails beyond the Trail Closed sign are now opened year round? Someone mentioned the eagles have flown the coop for good but as far as I know the TC sign is still there. Anyone know anything about this?

J-Dro

I've seen it referenced a few times now but I was wondering if the trails beyond the Trail Closed sign are now opened year round? Someone mentioned the eagles have flown the coop for good but as far as I know the TC sign is still there. Anyone know anything about this?

Oh no, don't tell me you have OCD too.:D

Maurice

As long as you only post this once... I don't know about the eagles, but what there is to ride after the sign isn't much worth it IMO. It's nice but way short, and then you hit a wall that isn't even fun to crawl up.

I'd love to be a trust fund boy and have more time to get involved and build more trails out there, we could cram way more nice singletrack in that place. This would be prime riding when it's wet due to the high rock-content and steepness of the park.

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll leave the snarky comments alone, but I'll give you this nugget to chew on. If you have the time there are some real gems in there.

The section from sign to wall is neat, probably needs a build-up or 2, but as you mention short. But I saw this post today which made me wonder about the ridge on top. I'll have to check it out before Jan 1.

But Maurice, a wall you don't even want to try? Say it ain't so! I walked maybe 1/3 of the way up last year and said screw it, life is too short for that crap. But if there's something up there worth riding I might make the effort. Of course it's probably really overgrown at this point. I'll have to let Edward Scissorhands lead the way and clean it out for me.

I hear you about the potential there, especially in a nice remote area like that where it's less likely the trails get sanitized. There are far too few trails in that park.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
well... I like this:
"It is probably the most technical section of trail that is there."

But how is this park overall?

Maurice

Norm,

the trail on the ridge does not have anything special. Like you said overgrown. Maybe a bit of riding would do it good. But then it's in-and-out too, you simply hit a fence after a while... I'll check with the rangers about the eagles next time I'm out there, we'll see.

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm,

the trail on the ridge does not have anything special. Like you said overgrown. Maybe a bit of riding would do it good. But then it's in-and-out too, you simply hit a fence after a while... I'll check with the rangers about the eagles next time I'm out there, we'll see.

Maurice

Cool, let me know. It's got to be some damn fine singletrack to drag my bike up that thing they call a trail.

D

DANSPANK

It could be a good test for your new-found climbing abilities since you've dialed your shock in...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It could be a good test for your new-found climbing abilities since you've dialed your shock in...

If Maurice can't climb it, I can't even think about it. Oh! There it goes, I just popped my hamstring.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm pretty sure that section is open now...the rangers don't bother taking down the signs for those few months that it's open. the sign inside the park (at the other end of the section you are talking about) is still there too.

if anyone organizes some trail making let me know. RV is my local riding place and it definitely could use some more trail.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
True that with the new trails...I love Round Valley but after 3 or 4 laps of the "loop" it gets a little redundant, great climbing though!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions