Beta

Glancing Aft

I'm thinking of riding up here next week, does anybody have any beta on the place? I'll probably park up near the split rock dam and ride South from there. What type of terrain should I expect, anything good?

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Glancing Aft said:
I'm thinking of riding up here next week, does anybody have any beta on the place? I'll probably park up near the split rock dam and ride South from there. What type of terrain should I expect, anything good?

you've probably aready seen this but JIC:
http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=300

anything good? most definitely. however, bring a map (see link above) -or- go with someone who knows the area, as you can spend hours going in circles without a map in hand.

the terrain is similar to other riding in the area, such as Skyline Drive (Ramapo SF) and somewhat like Ringwood. technical singletrack with exposed bedrock lines, and big fireroad climbs/descents are typical of the area. i tend to prefer a FS here over a hardtail but hardtails are definitely ok.

Glancing Aft

So I finally hit up Wildcat with some friends this weekend. We left very disappointed. The place seems very underdeveloped and we had trouble just following the trails. We started at the northern end at split rock reservoir and worked our way south, it took us half an hour to find where the orange trail crosses over the river since it was over grown and just not marked. We found some decent riding on the white trail but overall we just didn’t have a great time. Perhaps the Southern end of the preserve is better, maybe one day I’ll check it out.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
It takes a few times back there to find and link up all the trails properly. I'd say try it again when you can and keep an eye out for any group rides there. If you follow someone who knows, its VERY good. It took me 2-3 times before I felt I had a decent loop linked up.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions