Best trail in SOUTH jersey?

whtbread

What do you think are the best trails in south jersey? I have been riding Ceres lately and it is fun, but I was wondering if there are better trails. Anything comparable to 6 mile?
Thanks

dbnickles

What do you think are the best trails in south jersey? I have been riding Ceres lately and it is fun, but I was wondering if there are better trails. Anything comparable to 6 mile?
Thanks

if i remember 6 mile right then ur not hitting the good trails at ceres, but it has been a while since i rode 6 mile

al415

Banned
in south jersey.......Allaire of course!

Even though the geographically challenged powers-that-be placed Allaire in the "southern NJ" section of the trail guide; those of us that live close by consider this central NJ.

Sorry I have nothing more helpful to add: I never get down to south NJ...

Last edited:

giff06

Central or South, Allaire is a good choice, has something for everyone. If you ride Ceres regularly Allaire may be quite a hike though.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
if you want to venture a bit further south white clay is like 6 mile on steroids...

whtbread

Thanks for the help. I ride the other side of Ceres by the seesaw (anybody know where the pipe is hidden for the seesaw?) and the newer trails on the far end of the park by the other parking lot. I find it a fun place to ride with some cool obstacles showing back up if you know where to look for them. It takes me almost an hour to get there. I am right by Atlantic City. The guys I ride with went to 6 mile last weekend, but it was about 2 hours for me, so I passed. Allaire seems like it would be about the same distance for all of us. I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't be bored there.

Anybody planning a trip to De for Clay Creek? Even though some of it is over my riding level I do want to get there soon and give it a try.

Frank

Sasquatch
I ride the other side of Ceres by the seesaw (anybody know where the pipe is hidden for the seesaw?).

The teeter had to be dismantled for insurance reasons. The crew there has been working with the authorities to get a legitimate trail crew set up there. So far they've had great success, and we hope that you folk down yonder can chip in and support the effort. Check out their FB page, Save Ceres Park, and soon we will get a JORBA page set up for them as well.:cool:

whtbread

The teeter had to be dismantled for insurance reasons. The crew there has been working with the authorities to get a legitimate trail crew set up there. So far they've had great success, and we hope that you folk down yonder can chip in and support the effort. Check out their FB page, Save Ceres Park, and soon we will get a JORBA page set up for them as well.:cool:

The people working on the trails at Ceres do a great job. I was there for the clean up a month or so ago and I think we took 4 truck loads of trash out of the park. I would be happy to help JORBA out at Ceres. I worked with them on the trail in Estell Manor last year.

wclambjr

As mentioned previously....White Clay in DE is fantastic....

I'm by Fort Dix, and it's worth the drive....

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Anybody planning a trip to De for Clay Creek? Even though some of it is over my riding level I do want to get there soon and give it a try.

Hey WhtBread! I'm usually riding WCC or FairHill with co-workers, after work on Wednesday afternoons. Sometimes Tuesday or Thursday too. If you're interested, PM and I'll keep you in the loop.

njsideshowbob

the only thing remotely close to ceres is gloucester county college.

camden county college is a decent alternative when it's too wet to ride elsewhere because it drains really well with the sand.

MikeP

the only thing remotely close to ceres is gloucester county college.

camden county college is a decent alternative when it's too wet to ride elsewhere because it drains really well with the sand.

exactly my thoughts as well. GCC has a little more tech climbs than Ceres and is generally less flowy with all the roots. CCC is fast and easy, but still fun and yes drains superfast after rain.

whtbread

Thanks for the help. I'm taking the advice and Heading to White Clay Creek TOMORROW if anyone else wants to go or meet up.

martin

not sure if this deserves its own thread, but what is the best riding for fitness near Cherry Hill, NJ?

what would be best riding for fun nearest c-hill?

MikeP

not sure if this deserves its own thread, but what is the best riding for fitness near Cherry Hill, NJ?

what would be best riding for fun nearest c-hill?

Kresson Trail is right off Kresson Rd, I think it's about a 4 mile figure-8 trail. Never been there but that's what I've been told. Probably gonna check it out soon. Other than that you have the usual places....CCC, GCC, or Ceres

Top Bottom