Best tire for rocks & roots?

maxxis ignitors... i am convinced that they are pretty damn good in any condition. I run em tubeless 25-30psi and they kick ass everywhere...hell, if you could eat them they would win the clif bar showdown.;)

best mtb tire size

someone recommended 2.3" to me, lbs (campmor) had 2.4" conti's on hand so i picked them up

on the mtb i have been happy with the 2.4" conti's, not so much on the road bike i like the bontrager dual purpose, road/trainer tire

i put 1.9" on an old mtb, (rigid raligh glacier), but that bike is just a back-up bike left at the campground

###

maxxis ignitors... i am convinced that they are pretty damn good in any condition. I run em tubeless 25-30psi and they kick ass everywhere...hell, if you could eat them they would win the clif bar showdown.;)

I do the same but with Maxxis High Roller 2.35

26" Mt.kings ( two big thumbs down! )

I know I know there are alot of folks who ride them and like them but I have less then 30 miles on them, back tire first burp completly stretched sidewall (35#). Next ride with wobbly rear tire (40#of air front and rear) very small drop on downhill front explodes come too find out sidewall has 4inch tear. To say the least very dissapointed and hoping that I can get somewhere with a return on them.

I've been using the panaracers for a few months now, mostly at 6 mile and they work well for me. Though there aren't any rocks, and not a whole lot of roots....I should say that I don't have experience on any other tires except for the crappy bontragers that came on the bike, so maybe the vast improvement has left me feeling like the panaracers are awesome. I hope to get to a few new places next year like CR so maybe I'll feel differently then.

I know I know there are alot of folks who ride them and like them but I have less then 30 miles on them, back tire first burp completly stretched sidewall (35#). Next ride with wobbly rear tire (40#of air front and rear) very small drop on downhill front explodes come too find out sidewall has 4inch tear. To say the least very dissapointed and hoping that I can get somewhere with a return on them.

What version of MK? German made Protection/Sonic or Indian generic?

Why does it need to be so confusing with the generic vs non-generic tires? Can't they give them an entirely other name so people don't get them confused. Same thing goes for Panaracer. Isn't there a crappy and good version of those too?

When someone recommends a tire it would be nice to not have to do a days research to find out which one of them is the good one.

super sonics are not the generic or cheap on the wallet just a inferior sidewall my experiment to run them on stans did not work, I should of know by how hard it was to get them set up with the stans goo, pinholes galore. Lesson learned the hard way OTB on a downhill rockface! Spencer and Kush are my witness as I laid thier like starfish out of water.

super sonics are not the generic or cheap on the wallet just a inferior sidewall my experiment to run them on stans did not work, I should of know by how hard it was to get them set up with the stans goo, pinholes galore. Lesson learned the hard way OTB on a downhill rockface! Spencer and Kush are my witness as I laid thier like starfish out of water.

witness.

strange as it wasn't actually that severe of a rockface. you easily cleaned much harsher terrain. is your shoulder ok.

shoulder tender but able to ride. thanks for asking, found the tear in tire that explains why we couldn't get it to hold air.

That would be super sonic!

It is a racing tire - not for everyday ride. They recommend use it with a thick tube.

I still think that MK 2.4 is a great tire but I use it as a front tire only because not enough tire clearance for 2.4 version in the rear (2.2 has too small knobs).

You should not listen Stan's sellers... sorry but I told you :)

I still think that MK 2.4 is a great tire but I use it as a front tire only because not enough tire clearance for 2.4 version in the rear (2.2 has too small knobs).

I put the MK 2.4 on the front after race season and immediately loved it. I have since taken it off because I've been riding the road to get to CR or LM lately and the MKs apparently wear very rapidly. I kept the Python on the rear. It was a good combination though with wet leaves on the trails the Python is a little out of its league.

panracers have been very good to me, had them before and they last for a long time, ust for sure and price is right!

Back
Top Bottom