Best place to sell a wheelchair ramp van?

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Before I begin a bunch of research I wanted to see if any of you know the best way to get the most for selling a ramp van. Car Gurus, Car Max and the like don’t account for all the specialized purpose built equipment that goes into a ramp van, so any offer from them would likely only be for a standard van of the same make and model. I have found a number of outfits that buy and sell these but hoping someone on here has some knowledge of which make the better choices. Over the past 10+ years my wife and I have been helping a single mom who is almost completely disabled now due to progressive MS. She will unfortunately have to move into an assisted living facility soon. She has a late model Sienna ramp van and we are looking to help her get the most for it. Any initial guidance or input is appreciated.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry to hear about your friend's situation. Has she thought about donating it? My neighbors' son has Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy and they were extremely happy to receive a donated wheelchair elevator that could be used outside the house from a local family who was in a similar situation. It was a game changer for their quality of life.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Sorry to hear about your friend's situation. Has she thought about donating it? My neighbors' son has Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy and they were extremely happy to receive a donated wheelchair elevator that could be used outside the house from a local family who was in a similar situation. It was a game changer for their quality of life.
Unfortunately she is not in a position to do that. She has a diminishing budget as her health insurance is close to running out and needs every penny. The van is likely worth about $50k, which would go a long way to covering her multiple expenses.

w_b

These guys are local to me in HP, and that’s what they specialize in. Looks like a legit operation. Maybe can give info to put you on the right track?

MobilityWorks. (732) 640-5342

THATmanMANNY

I just want to drop in and say thank you to your family. Helping others is an important part of life. Good luck to you and your friend!

Top Bottom